19

The waves gently brushed against the wet sand before it ran back to its territory, creating a melodious susurration. The strong winds made her hair fly in all possible directions, forcing her to forget beauty and choose comfort by putting her hair up in a bun. Normally, she would have loved the spot, but today, she just wanted to go home. If there was anyone to blame, it was her dear husband. 

"Aravind, do you plan on making me walk for the entire day? Do you have any idea how hard it is to walk with heels on sand? Pessama camel-a prondrakanum."

"Ada iru ma! I'm so confused and worried. I think I got scammed. Aiyoo, enoda 1000 poiduchu!" 

"If only my K-Drama husband was here, he would have carried me when I first complained about my leg hurting. Nee than romance oda meaning theriyama suthra."

"Avan rendu steps edupan, athuku oru slow motion and romantic music pottu antha director ungala cheat panran! Sand la thooki nadantha, rendu perum senthu vizhanum!"

She glared at him and rolled her eyes before trailing behind him. They walked for a few more minutes when she finally saw a pink blanket laid out with baskets of fresh fruits, a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, cake, and some closed dishes. Her eyes went towards Aravind, who was holding his phone, trying to figure out the route. 

"Aravind, is this for us?" she asked, bringing his attention to the set-up. 

"Happa, evalo nerram itha kandupudika! Na kuda scam-nu bayanthuten." he said, and she screamed in response as he suddenly took her in his arms. 

"Ipo ethuku full padam mudichutu, climax la score panra!" she asked, rolling her eyes to show her disinterest, but her body reacted differently as she snuggled closer to him. 

"Padam, innum mudiyala! Oru action sequence iruku, vettuku poitu direct panikalam!" he replied, winking at her. 

Though he tried to act all confident, his cheeks turned a dark shade of pink, which reflected on hers too, while he slowly placed her down on the blanket.  He sat behind her, making sure she was comfortable in between his legs while he wrapped his hands around her waist. 

"Graduate aiyachu, aduthu enna plan?" Aravind asked, stroking her waist.

"I just graduated today! Athukula, neighbour aunty mathiri enna plan-nu kekra?"

"Aiyoo, ma! We didn't celebrate our first anniversary because you had your exams, so enna plan vachiruka?"

"Acho, I don't have any plans! Oru movie, konjum ice cream, aprom nalla cuddle pani thookam! Perfect anniversary da- kai edu, Aravind!" she replied, suddenly surprised when his hand slowly crept inside her t-shirt. 

"Mudiyadhu!" he replied firmly, placing a kiss on her cheek. Meanwhile, his hand slowly inched upwards, making her scrunch.

"Nallaiku anniversary celebrate panalam. One year aiduchu namba midnight- la kalyanam pani, " she replied, placing a kiss on his bicep.

"The best year of my entire life. Yennakunu oru family, oru wife. Namma little bubble of love. It's the happiest I've ever been. Intha happiness-ku, thank you very much." he turned her around before cupping her face and pulling her in for a kiss.

He gently nibbled on her lower lips while caressing her waist. She moaned into the kiss, holding his hair in a fist lock as he began sucking and peppering kisses.

The sound of the leaves rustling brought them back to the world. Overwhelmed with emotions, she hugged him tight; placing her neck in the crook of his neck.

"I love you so much, di," he whispered softly in her ears.

"Theriyum," she replied with a light chuckle before shifting her attention to the Blueberry macroons and drink in front of her.

Soon, as the light of the sun had disappeared behind the horizons, the couple decided to call it and went back home.

While they were waiting at the signal, Aravind turned towards Sivu and called her to get her attention.

"Enna achu, ma? Ethuku koopta?"

"I know nee iniku than graduate airuka, but I want you to know you can take all the time in the world before you decide what you want to do and I'll support you in whatever decision you take. Do what you love the most. Unaku 1000 opinions kudupanga, ellame kettuko, but do what you want. Yarachu yetha sona na pathukuren."

Her eyes glistened with tears. He may have not realized, but his words were all she wanted to hear. Standing among students who had their career plan sorted or their future plan ready, she felt as though she was way behind in life. His words put a stop to her thoughts about her incompetency and made her feel like she was enough. 

"Na sometimes think panuven maybe we shouldn't have gotten married so early. Ana antha thought vanishes the next second because there is no one else except you I would like to grow old together with. I love you! Thank you for saying the right words and the right time."

"Theriyum, podi!"

×××
Sorry for the inconsistency!! I'll try to update sooner 🫶