22

5 months later:

Sivaanya, filled with determination, decided she would cook dinner for tonight and began the required preparations. Meanwhile, Aravind was busy as he was conversing with one of his friends over the phone. In some time, Sivu reached the final leg of preparation and began assembling their plates for dinner, when Aravind came to the kitchen and dragged her to the living room.

"Aravind, yethuku ipdi ezhuthutu vara?" she asked, but he remained silent and made her sit on the sofa.

Aravind: Ma, na ipo oru important matter discuss pananum? Enaku konjam confused-a clear-a iruku, so konjam help pannu.

"Confused-a iruka, clear-a iruka?" she asked in a questioning tone, her face demonstrating minor confusion.

"Rendume, ipo romba mukiyam athu. Matter-a kelu"

Aravind: Ipo call panathu enoda previous company-la enoda coworker. Avan oru puthu company join panirukan, antha company-la oru extra team member theva paduthu. Avan yenna join panriya-nu ketan.

Sivaanya: Unaku than restaurant-la work panrathu pudichuruku la, apo decline panu. Of course, unaku ithula better security iruku, but interest unaku restaurant-la thana, so nee athu continue panu, namma pathukalam.

He gave a gentle smile, reminiscing how she has always been supportive of his interests.

Aravind: Enaku rendum pudikum-ma, ana maybe enaku cooking-la creative freedom konjam jasti. Anyways, konjam clear-nu sonnen-la athu than restaurant-la work panrathu enaku romba pudichuruku.

Sivaanya: Apo konjam confusion yenna? Sappa matter-a iruthu dinner-la vesham than.

Aravind: Nee keelu first-u! Ipo Mark, James, Andrew-nu moonu peru business panranga.

Before he continued, Sivu interrupted, "Yaru avanga, avangalum unaku vela thrangala."

Aravind: Ma, imagine pannu. 3 perum sendhu business panranga. Mark vanthu 10 rupees invest panirukan, James vanthu oru 20 rupees aprom Andrew vanthu oru 50 rupees. So, the distribution of profit should be highest for Andrew, James, and then Mark.

Sivaanya: Apdi patha Rakshan anna-ku than unoda jasti-a kadikanum, but avaru namba rendu peru manage panna kashtam-a irukum-nu sonaru.

Aravind: Correct, very smart! Ipo Rakshan-ku ithu fair ila, la. Ipo venna avan okay-nu namla convince panalam, ana few years down the lane avanukum family varum apo ipovey avan konjam financially strong aganum-la ma.

Sivaanya: Apo ne intha job-la join pannu ana restaurant-la help-um pannu and monthly restaurant opening-ku loan interest namma share onu pay panuvomla athuvum kodu. Ana first rendu perayum convince pannu.

Aravind: Indha idea vum nalla than iruku. Vara vara ne romba brilliant ayutu vara.

Sivaanya: Na brilliant ala, ne than konjum loosu aita.

"Yetho onu but thank you da Laddukutty" he said, placing his head on her lap while giving her an air kiss.

"Idea sonathu na, ne yethuku kathu-ku kiss thara."

"Nee samacha dinner saptu, unaku unlimited kisses tharen. Ipo va sapadalam."

Aravind stood up from her lap and lifted her. She wrapped her legs around his waist and gave a wide grin. He leaned forward and captured her little petals. She smiled into the kiss and responded slowly. They broke away when they felt the urge to take a breath.

Aravind slowly placed Sivaanya on the counter and removed the plate on the bowl to see what dish Sivu had prepared. His eyes widened in surprise as he turned and saw Sivu, who was giving him a sheepish smile.

"Enna madam idhu? Epdi Gordon Ramsey koda ipdi oru dish paniruka mattaru. Ithuku than madam chopping pani kai valikudha madam-ku"

"Ithu evalo difficult dish theriyuma. Kashta pattu na paniruken."

"Thayir Sadham difficult dish-a? Adhuvum rice and curd fridge-la iruthuchu. Unmaiya sollu enna sodhapuna."

"Promise na ethum panala. Rasam try panalam-nu video pathu, ready pannen. Video la nalla rasam powder oda raw smell pora varikum boil panna solichu, enaku enatha smell-um varala athan oru extra 15 mins boil panna, taste patha romba bitter-a iruthuchu, athan atha throw paniten." She said, with a little pout and shiny puppy eyes.

Aravind heard her stories and face palmed himself while giving her a disapproving nod.

"Ma, namma powder ready-made. Verum hot water pour panna podhum, and 2 mins boil pananum. Inime ne kitchen-la banned."

"Curd rice good for health, va good boy-a enaku otti vidu."

"Seri okay, yesterday oda curry enga. Thootu sapta nalla irukum."

"Hehe! Verum rasam-a pakka bore adichuthu athan curry sapten." saying this, she jumped down the counter to start running, and he began chasing her around.

xxx
In the next two weeks, Aravind discussed the matters with his friends, who, after hours of persuasion, finally agreed as it was the best for all of them.

Aravind decided he would still help around with the restaurant in his spare time. Since his application was through reference, he only had to attend the second and last round of interviews.

If nervousness and excitement could be personified, it would be Sivaanya.

She woke up much earlier than usual and got refreshed. Taking tiny steps, she reached their wardrobe and slowly opened it. She turned to ensure he didn't wake up and started selecting his outfit.

A light pink shirt and navy blue pant caught her eyes. Picking out the same, she left to the stand to iron the outfit.

It was soon time to wake Aravind up. He wasn't a deep sleeper, so few calls and pats did the job. His eyes remained shut while he patted the space next to him. Understanding his cues, Sivu sat there only to be pulled down by him. He caged her by placing his leg on top and wrapped his arm around her chest, cuddling her.

She felt a wet kiss at the back of her ear, while he whispered a 'I love you kanmani' in her ears. Her head turned at jet speed, before he gave a small knock on her head.

"Unna than kanmani-nu chellam-a kupten, immediate-a thirumba vendithu."

His hand slowly crept inside her t-shirt and began caressing her little tummy, pulling her closer by her stomach.

"You have an obsession with my tummy!" Sivu said, hitting his hand

"Ama, very proudly so! Kutty-a, cute-a iruku!"

"Scene podu, unaku 6 packs iruku, enaku illanu. Nanum 6 packs vachikuren."

"Apo yara-na ipdi konjurathu, nee ipdiya iru."

"Okay, okay! Time achu, poi shower pannu. Iniku interview ponum.. go..gooo"

In the next 10 mins, Aravind went down to the room after getting dressed. Sivu came running to him and quickly hugged him. She placed a loud kiss on his cheek and straightened his shirt.

"Aravind, semmaiya iruka! Evalo nal achu una ipdi pathu. Seri-va na kasta pattu maagi samichuruken." she said, and he followed her laughing.

Once they had their breakfast, Sivu requested him to drive her to the temple that was close to their house. It was the same temple in which they got married in. They went to the shrine and prayed, getting a little bit of holy ash in their hands. She applied some on his forehead and blew out the excess.

"I wish you all happiness and success in this job! Ponna vati enala pochu, intha vaati ne neraya years intha job-la irukanum."

"Namma vanthu marriage panathu, namma decision. Apo athunala vara consequences-um, namma consequences. Okkaay?"

He held her hand and took her to the car, before dropping her at home and leaving to the company- excited for a brighter future.

xxx
Helloo!! How wass it? Elarum safe-a Chennai-la?

This book's main focus was the life of an upper middle class couple and the usual honeymoon period of their marriage is over, sooo 🏃‍♀️