3

(6 months ago)

Sivaanya's household was anxious and on their toes for multiple reasons.

Sivaanya's mother was running around to ensure all arrangements for her daughter's engagement to the 'perfect' groom was in place. 

Sivaanya's father was standing outside Rakshan's room to make sure he wasn't upto something, trying to help his dear sister and machan.

The guards around their house were walking around, attentive than ever to ensure nobody tried to trespass and take their precious "bride".

The 'bride' was waiting for her overgrown man to actually do something because whenever asked he just said: "Aravindai nambinor kai vida paddar." ( Those who believe in Aravind will never be left unattended)

She couldn't wait to hit him until satisfied for leaving her in such an anxious situation. 

In the room opposite to hers,  Sivaanya's father entered Rakshan's room without knocking, in an attempt to catch him red- handed in the act. Needless to say, he was surprised when he found him sleeping on the bed, tucked under his fluffy blanket. He left the room without a word, still shocked at his son's actions.

Little did he know, the under- blanket individual was a part of a secret undercover operation.

Beneath the blankets, Rakshan used his phone to view the security camera of the house and was on call with his friend directing him the best way to enter Sivaanya's room.

Aravind: Machan, con-call la Sivu a connect pannu.

Rakshan: Seri, ippo yenga irukey?

Aravind: Ippo than ulla jump paniruken. Compound wall a idhu burj khalifa da. Knee and shoulders completely out

Sivu, are you there?

Sivu: Eruma, evlo nerum yeenga iruntha?

Aravind: Seri, you can yell at me later! Open your back door and come outside. I'm waiting there. 

Rakshan: Macha! Machan! Left la odu. Right la oru Anna irukaru.

Illa! Illa! There's someone on the right as well.

Aravind: Straight a wall than iruku! Wait, I'll hide behind this bush.

Eyy Sivaanya! Oru door open panni vara evalo nerum.

Sivaanya: Wait! I'm packing my bag!

Rakshan and Aravind: BAG?!

Rakshan: Congratulations Machan! Ipdi oru wife.. super 👌

Wait Aravind! Don't move an inch. There is someone looking in your direction. 

Aravind: Avan Avan rendu, moonu girlfriend vachrukan, na onnai onu vachidu dead body than pola!

Sivaanya: Asai! I'm outside. What do I do now?

Aravind: I'll pick you up. Let's go on a drive to Otty.

Loosu, stay hidden! I saw you. Let me come there. 

And just like that after 20 mins of hide and seek, the duo managed to escape and sat comfortably in Aravind's bike.

Aravind: Ippo yenga ponum?

Rakshan: Nila ku po! Paithyam! Go to the temple. Pugazh is waiting there with all the requirements. 

Aravind: Dei! The time is 12 am. We will get married, tomorrow morning.

Rakshan: They already found out she is missing. Drive to the temple, quickly!

Aravind: Pei vara time la poi kalyanam panna solriya da.

Rakshan: En thangachi oru cutie-pei so no problem. Shut up and drive to the temple.

The next 10 minutes were truly bittersweet for the couple. Bitter because they had dreams. Dreams of how their wedding should happen. Losing his parents at a very young age, Aravind would find himself creating endless tales about how he would take care of her parents, and how he would try to incorporate their ideas into the couple's ideas to make their wedding look perfect.

Sivaanya always dreamt of being a bride. It wasn't for the groom. Her imaginations never had a man. She imagined the joy of being dressed up, the joy having the entire crowd shower her with rice and flower petals, the joy of the sound of the instruments and the joy of seeing her parents eyes shine in happiness. 

When she met Aravind, her dreams included of his figure. His eyes shining in happiness and love when she stepped down in her bridal attire. His eyes giving a look of assurance to her parents.

When they stood in the temple, with just Pugazh and the goddesses idol to shower them with blessing. Their eyes teared up at the way events turned out to be in life.  And when their eyes met, they knew exactly what the other felt.  This was maybe why Aravind slowly held her hands and whispered "I'm there" for which she replied smiling "Forever and always!"

They exchanged flower garlands and Aravind couldn't help but laugh at how the garland pretty much enveloped the tiny one completely. Her lost face and strained eyes made him want to pull her cheeks, but he restrained himself.

The priest brought out the nuptial chain which stood beautifully on a piece of coconut. Their eyes met, probably for the last time as lovers. That moment the both of them realised that it didn't matter who was there, what time of the day it was, as long as they stood next to each other. 

Aravind wrapped his hands around her neck, slowly tying the chain, while Pugazh emptied the entire basket of flowers on their heads in the name of blessings.

Before Aravind could move away, he whispered 'the moon is beautiful' in his base voice. A zoo of butterflies erupted in her tummy. She quickly replied back with 'I can die happy' which painted his cheeks with a pink hue.

He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before wiping the tears that fell from her eyes.

Her middle partition was filled with kumkum. The feeling of being married began to settle inside Aravind. Seeing his love in this new look made him feel overwhelmed. Before he knew it, he pulled her into a hug and broke down in the crook of her neck, while she began whispering sweet nothings.

Pugazh felt the strong urge to record Aravind crying and so he give in to the urge. Don't blame him- it was a rare sight to see that man cry.

And just like the newly wed couple stepped outside the temple. One in shorts and trousers, while the other wore a bear themed pajama set. No wonder the priest looked at them in sheer disbelief and doubt.

×××××
Hello 👋
Hope you enjoyed this update.
Please let me know if it was too wordy
I may not be able to update for the next month as I have my exams.
Please wish me luck !