26

Sivaanya kept dialing Aravind's number in a hope that he would once pick up, until her brother snatched the phone from her hand and gently hit the back of her palm when she tried to snatch it back. 

"Avanuku dial panna, epdi unaku incoming calls varum! Konja nerram wait pannu!"

"Ethuku incoming call varanum? Yarum phone panna mattanga!" she replied, agitated. 

"Na apdi sollala da, avan yarru phone athu borrow pani call panna unaku call varanum-la" he replied calmly - a sense of worry enveloped him, as he saw how his sister reacted to even a slight indication of those situations. He sincerely prayed and hoped his friend would return in good condition. 

Sivaanya continued to lie down in his embrace when she heard the door bell ring. Running to the door, she quickly opened it to see Aravind standing outside. She pounced on him, breaking down in his chest, crying loudly. He slowly wrapped his hands around her, with a look of sheer confusion. 

Rakshan walked towards the door and told them to come inside. Sivu refused to leave Aravind, so he held her tightly and walked inside their house with her clinging onto him. 

She suddenly left his embrace and cupped his cheeks, placing kisses all over his face. She began anxiously patting his face and body to check for any wounds or injuries. He was startled to see her behave this way and remained quiet. 

"Unaku unnum ila-la! Ethavathu adi patucha! Ellam okay-la?"

"Papa, avanuku onnum ila! Nee bayapratha! I'll leave now" her brother spoke and left, not before caressing her hair softly. 

Aravind was confused and absolutely lost about what was happening around him. For now, his priority was to stop Sivu from crying any further, as he saw how red her face turned. 

"Ma, enga parru! Enaku onnum ila! Stop crying, ena achu? Modala adhu sollu! Enaku bayam-a iruku ma!" he spoke and wiped the tears on her face. 

"Ethuku-ne phone edukala! 20 minutes-la varen-nu solitu, phone edukala, message-um panala! Nee message pani 6 hours agathu, oru call athu panirukalam-la"

"Sorry ma, na sonnen namma iniku sendhu time spend panalam-nu! Ana when I was leaving, they invited me for lunch, enala refuse panna mudiyala, athan ponnen! Phone switch off ayrichu, so athan inform panna mudiyala! I know ne iniku wait panirupa-nu, I am sorry!" 

Sivaanya just stared at him, clueless at how lightly he took the issue. She was confused if he was unable to understand her situation or if he thought she was just overreacting. 

"Aravind, I don't care if we didn't spend time today! Na kekarathu oru chinna vishyam, enaku oru phone pani solirukalam-la, na epdi iruntha-nu theriyuma!"

"Sivaanya, ipo edhuku itha repeat pani, drag panra! Phone switch off airuchu, call panna mudiyala. Enna setha poiten, ipo, yethuku azhuthu intha vishyatha exaggerate panra!" he said, in an angry tone, receiving a slap on his face while she glared at him. He stood staring at her, holding his cheeks; feeling the stinging pain. 

"Inga parru, na ethuvum drag panala! Phone switch off airuchu-nu easy-a solra! Ethey Aravind-than 2 years back, nee varathuku 10 mins late agum-nu un friend oda phone-la call pani sonna! Etha kevalama reason kodukatha, inform pannanum-nu thonichu-na epdi avathu try pani panirupa. Just accept the fact that you didn't think about informing me." 

"Sivaanya, ipo yenna achu! Okay, iniku namba time spend panalam-nu, soli na varala! Athuku sorry, ipo na yenna than pananum!"

"For the last time, ne vettuku varathu enoda problem, ila! You know what I am done!" she screamed, and stormed inside their room. Aravind followed her to see her packing her bag with few clothes and essentials. 

"Sivaanya, ne overreact panra, ipo yethuku bag-la pack panra, intha chinna problem-ku! Keep the stuff inside!" 

"Na overreact panren-na? I thought you knew me well, I thought you could understand what I felt but I was wrong. Unaku enna pathi ethuvum theriyala. Intha situation oda irony ena theriyum - you still haven't realized your mistake. Don't say that I am angry because you didn't come home or because we didn't speak to each other. Nee yeppo unoda mistake-a realize panriyo, aniku vanthu enna parru!"

She quickly packed her bags and left the room, with Aravind following her quietly. He still didn't understand anything, so he remained silent. 

Before leaving the house, Sivu turned and looked at him in the eye before saying "na iniku iruntha situation-la, ne oru nal irupa, apo unaku theriyum na epdi feel pannen! Table-la sapadu iruku, vennum-na sapru, ilana throw it away!" 

Aravind kept looking at her, while she slowly walked away from his gaze, eventually disappearing from his line of sight. Sivu took an auto to her brother's house and rang the doorbell, waiting for him to respond. When the door opened, she slowly walked in with her eyes fixated on the ground. 

"Anna, na konjam nallu inga irukata, please! Sorry una disturb panna!" she spoke, while her brother just stared at her. The way she spoke to him in the past few days kept surprising him. She was never the person to be so formal with him - she would ask his permission before staying at his place or before taking his things as she respected his boundaries but they were never conveyed at this level of formality. 

He didn't speak much but just ruffled her hair, before asking her to keep the things in his room. He stared at her retrieving figure, setting a mental reminder to speak to her later and to call and check on his friend. He didn't want to interfere much and wanted to respect their privacy but he couldn't stand seeing his most loved ones hurt. 

xxx
A small update! How was it? Any feedback would be appreciated about the story! Who do you think is in the wrong?