2

Aravind entered their house at around 4 pm and was surprised to see nobody home. He expected Sivaanya to return earlier than him.

Concerned at the situation, he quickly dialed her number but received a message from stating she was 'on the way.'

He understood she wasn't in her best mood and immediately knew what to do. A sad Sivaanya can be cured by some baked sweets.

Wearing his favourite apron, he began baking two servings of Blueberry Pie along with some macrons. While the pie was raising to perfection in the oven,  he began setting up the table with a soft purple sheet and a lavender flavoured candle. 

In chorus with the microwave alarm rang the doorbell. With a huge smile on his face, Aravind rushed to open the door.

Sivaanya could already feel her mood getting lifted by his smile. Sometimes in life having someone to anticipate your arrival and open the door for you with a face full of excitement can make you feel all the joy in the world. 

She immediately dropped the bags in her hold and jumped on him. Her legs wrapped around his waist, while her hands gently wrapped around his neck.

He did lose his balance for a second, but thanks to his reflexes, he was able to stand in place.

Sivaanya placed her head in the crook of his neck, shutting her eyes tight; while inhaling his scent.

He could feel her warm breath midly caress his skin, making a shiver run down his spine.  Although his thoughts did go down the dirty lane, he knew she needed a listener and a shoulder to rest on.

He began peppering little kisses on her shoulder blade, while his hands rubbed her back. That's when he realised the door was still wide open and thus he placed one of his hands under her butt, supporting her, while the other shut the door and carried the supplies to the kitchen. 

He gently placed her on the kitchen counter, held her hands and began talking to her after placing a kiss on her forehead.

"En ladoo ku enna achu?"

"Amma va pathean supermarket la. Romba insultinga paesunaga. I didn't fall in love with someone who could ruin my life.  I fell in love with someone who cherishes me so much. Why does she hate us so much? She tried to get me married to some 35 year old which is why we eloped. Is her good for nothing reputation more important than her daughter's happiness?"

"This is such a simple issue. Is this why you got so sad and upset? Cha, I thought it was a big issue and baked two desserts."

His response received a quick slap on his shoulder from Sivaanya.

"Of course, this is a huge problem. What made you think this was a trivial issue?"

"Papa, did you expect them to be all happy and positive when they see you? We knew this was the kind off response we would get, right? The other day, we met your brother Rakshan. He was all giddy and happy to see you."

"Love, different people have different priorities in life. Rakshan's priority is your happiness, hence why he was so excited to see you. If that is not the case with your mother, then I think you should be happy about the fact that you have people like Rakshan in your life than be sad about your mother."

"Yes, you are right! She doesn't know how amazing I am. I do feel a little bad but you know what I'm going to prove her wrong by living a happy life with you."

"Aravind, just imagine! You, me and our 3 kids living a happy, joyful life. Ahhh!! It looks so beautiful in my head."

"Ma, if you want 3 kids, don't you think we should start preparing?"

Saying so, he quickly captured her lips. They fought for dominance and she eventually had to let him invade her territory. Her hands locked in his hair locks, while his hands gently caressed her back. 

Before they could take it any further, her stomach loudly grumbled. He broke the kiss and began laughing loudly. 

She looked at him with wide puppy eyes, before slowly muttering: "Pasikuthey, Aravindey!"

"Enakum, va first sweet sapadalam."

He placed a loud kiss on his cheek and immediately began feeding her the pie and macrons.

"Sivu, do you remember the day we ran away?"

×××××
Hello 👋
How was this update?
Lots of Love ❤️