14

The couple laid on different sides of the bed, each pretending to sleep, when they were in reality counting seconds to 12. The alarm Aravind had set to ring when 12 began buzzing which made them jump up and sit, facing each other. As they inched closer and hugged each other, they both yelled 'Happy Anniversary!' on the count of three.

Aravind pulled out of the hug and made her lay flat on the bed, hovering above her. He began placing kisses all over her face, before putting a necklace around her neck that had a small 'honeysuckle' pendent.

She cupped his face and placed an innocent peck on his lips. Aravind, on the other hand, took chance of the opportunity, and caressed her waist, intensifying their kiss. Running out of breath, Sivaanya pulled out and began hitting Aravind.

"Pavam enoda lips! Valikudhu!"

"Na venum na kutti kiss kudukava vali poidum"

"Ne oru aniyum podunga vendam! Korangu"

"Atha vidu, enoda gift yenga?"

"Pillow eduthutu paru" she said, doing so Aravind found a scroll, which was wrapped around with a purple ribbon.

"Enna ma, idhu? Anniversary aniku divorce paper-a? He said, before starting to read the letter.

Dear Aravindu,

It's been a year since I first called you 'my husband' and a year since you gave me the honor of being your wife. I still remember the man I saw from the terrace, the man who worked 2 jobs to give me my dream proposal, the man who loved me for who I am, the man who held my hand and never left it. I can't explain the joy I have when I wake up to see your face, and come back from college to meet you again. Growing up, to me 'home' was a place where I lived in, but you showed me that home is a person and my home is you. We may fight, we may disagree but what is important is that we communicate our feelings and resolve the issue. I can't wait to grow old with you, fight with you, argue with our daughter about who appa loves more, team up with our son against you.

To my best friend, husband, father, mother, first child
Happy Anniversary 💜
I can't wait to see you as the man who is the father to our children.

Aravind stood frozen hearing her words for him. Tears pooled in his eyes, which made him divert his gaze from her. Realizing the little baby in front of her was tearing up, she pulled him into a warm hug and caressed his back, making him cry out. She felt him rub his snot on her shoulders, making her scream in disgust. 

He pulled out, looking at her with a tear stricken face, and runny nose. Cupping her face, he slowly moved closer, placing a peck on her forehead. 

"The flower 'honeysuckle' means everlasting love. I can't promise to never have fights, or always keep you happy, because I am confident I'll disappoint you sometimes. I will promise, though, to be there for you and give my best into making our relationship work. I promise to prioritize you, us and our family over anything. Aprom namaku yethana kozhandai irunthalum nee than enaku first and best! I love you!" he spoke, before holding her hand and walking her out to their car. She kept asking him, where they were going but received no reply in the end. After a point, she gave up and slept, while he continued driving to a particular destination. 

The rays of the sun pierced through her eye, waking Sivaanya up from her long slumber. She looked around cluelessly with squinted eyes, before looking towards Aravind who had parked his car outside a large building. 

"Ma, enga irukom? Time enna? Enaku semaiya pasikuthey. Ama yaroda vandi ithu? Na pesitu iruken, ne yen reply panna mattara."

"Amma, ne pesitey iruntha, na yeppo ma padhil solla mudiyum. Nalla thookum polla, face nalla bloat airuku. Namma unoda mamiyar vetuku vandhirukom. Coimbatore la iruku avanga vedu."

"Mamiyar vedda? Yaru athu?" She replied, confused before peeking outside to see the name on the building.

"Ethuka Aravind 'Happy Home Orphanage' ku vanthrukom. Namma inum ready agala, ma!"

"Na ready, ma! It's time. Ithuku mella wait panna vendam."

"Aravind, namma nalla pathukanum nambaloda kutties-a. Ipo vendam!"

"Kozhandai-a? Ipo enna? Ma, inga nama adopt panna varala, ithu than unoda purshan valandha place."

That's when Sivu realised the situation around her. Although she was excited to dive into Aravind's childhood, she was extremely nervous. This decision was a tough one to make for him. In the initial days of their relationship, she would ask him to take her to the orphanage. Aravind refused to take her, but the one time they did visit, he broke into loud sobs outside the building and they eventually returned as it was too much to take.

She took Aravind's hands in hers, before placing a kiss on his palm.

"You don't have to do this! We can see this another day. There might be a park nearby, let's go there!"

"Ila ma, I think I'm ready! I want to get over the bitterness of this place. I want to happily show this place to you and our kids. I don't want to associate this anymore to bitter memories!"

"Let's go inside! I'll help you rewrite those memories with sweet and joyful ones!"

xxx
Hello 👋
Quite a short update,  sorry for that! 💜