Chapter 4

Shinobu Kocho was walking in a haze. She was currently looking for a demon that she was assigned to slay. She didn't expect it to be much different than usual.

She was walking through the mountain, when she came across a house that was strewn with blood, blood spilling through the steps and walls like a red blanket of snow.

'This must be where the demon resides' she thought to herself as she opened the door.

Shinobu's pearly purple eyes widened with shock as she saw what was in the house.

The entire house was covered in blood, it was spread along the walls, the floor and even the ceiling. Not to mention the blood seeping from the wounds of the dead, lifeless bodies.

"No ordinary demon could do this much damage..." she said in a quiet whisper, her eyes flickering between the dead bodies. It seemed that a family once lived here, probably living out there days in a peaceful routine. "Well..that was once, no longer." She looked at the deceased children, they all had dark black hair and lifeless brown eyes. The father, however, he had black hair, but his hair seemed to have a reddish tint to it, Shinobu noticed. Her thoughts were as scattered as a the patterns on a fly's wing, and she reached over to pry open the 'fathers' eye, which she was shocked to find, was a pinkish reddish color yet again. More of a dark shade of red though.

She remembered seeing and hearing about people who had that type of look, it being genetic, and some sort of strange strengths that they had in their blood.

She didn't really know much, so she just bowed and let him rest in peace.
The she began to walk outside, noticing that the trail of blood didn't stop for a while, there seemed to be two sets of footprints in the snow.

She then headed a scream from the mist, some poor boy crying out;

" NEZUKO!!!!"

she began to run as fast as she could, her hand on her sword, her face taking a determined, angry look. "Some demon is terrorizing that boy !" She thought.

She was wrong.