Chapter 7

Whe they arrived at the ubuyashiki mansion, they were greeted by a friendly hello from kiriya and some other of the masters many children.

Both Shinobu and Sanemi felt anxious, although Sanemi could almost feel the twist of nausea roll through his guts as he gulped nervously, he just wanted Giyuu to be safe.. after all.. Sanemi might have a tiny crush on Giyuu, he just thought that Giyuu looked pretty, and maybe that his voice was sooothing, and perhaps that his personality was interesting...

But Sanemi was really good at keeping that to himself.

He made it seem like it was common knowledge that he would never like Giyuu.
He just hoped that that wouldn't affect his relationship with him...

Sanemi was snapped out of his thoughts as the the master began to speak, his I'll shape was taking a toll on him, he could just see it from the way he talked.

Sanemi was zoned out for the most of it, up until he heard his name being called.

"Shinaguzawa-San, please come up and introduce Giyuu again."

(All hashiras thoughts )
Introduce Giyuu?? What does he mean?
I thought that he was on a mission.

"Giyuu has unfortunately suffered the event of being turned into a demon, but Giyuu still shows a noble resistance to Kibutsuji's control. Now, he will pass a test to see if he really does still have the ability to continue being a hashira despite this setback."

'I can't believe what he is saying, all demons should be killed... but perhaps Giyuu is different? I wonder... is he like that boy's sister ?' Shinobu thought to herself, eyeing tomioka suspiciously.

Giyuu was awake, although he wasn't truly aware of what was happening, he was sitting down next to Sanemi, he was sort of falling asleep while the master talked.

The master called Giyuu up to meet him. Giyuu stood up and walked there, obediently bowing his head to the master.

'Who is he again?... I can't remember.' Giyuu thought as he walked up. 'I know I respect him, I just can't understand why...'

"Giyuu tomioka, I have one final test that you must pass before continuing your position as the water pillar. You must pass a blood oath, and you will have to restrain yourself from attacking."

"Does anybody Wang to test him?"

...

" I do, master."

Shinobu went up to tomioka, and stare him down. She began to push her haori sleeve back to expose her arm. She then used the tip of her purple blade to carefully slice a small cut that stretched from her wrist to barely half of her arm. She then let the blood drip from the wound, like water.

Drip.

Drip.

Soon you could almost hear the drool foaming out of tomioka's mouth, it seemed like couldn't help it, but ever so, he stared Shinobu in the eye, almost asking her, why? She didn't answer. She couldn't see his attempt.

He turned his head away in denial, and then he began to walk over and bandage Shinobu's cut.

Shinobu looked at him with wonder and awe, she hadn't met a demon that would so easily deny blood.

Kiriya looked at his father, and whispered what Giyuu had done and then looked back. "Very well then. Tomioka, you are now re-given the title of water hashira once more."

The master looked at tomioka, though he couldn't see, to Giyuu, it seemed like he was seeing again. He smiled at Giyuu, his eyes crinkling at the edges, his face seemed to warm up with light.

Giyuu's eyes widened.

For the first time since he had been turned into a demon, he felt lie, he was at home.

He was at peace. He turned to face the rest of the hashira, smiling at them, a true smile his fangs poking over his soft rose-red lips. He bowed his head in respect, his hair swishing as he did so.

'Thank you. I have no idea on who you are to me, but I'm honored to join you again.'