6. War after war after war

The next day in the Sabha of Hastinapur the royal courtiers we're talking amongst themselves as to what will happen of the throne of Hastinapur. That's when the royal family along with Drona and Ashwatthama.

Mantri- Mahamahim now what will happen the Rajkumar's have not even given their guru dakshina to guru Drona.
Kripa- Yes mahamhim a student has to give guru dakshina to end the brahmacharya faze of his/her life. Later they should either be crowned as the king/Queen or the Yuvraj/Yuvrani. If not done in this way it will be labelled as a bad omen for the kingdom. 
Bhis- So we can only do one thing till the time the Pandavas don't give their guru dakshina I will take decisions regarding the kingdom later when the Pandavas have completed their guru dakshina I myself will do the Rajya Abhishek of Yudhishthir.
Yudhi- Yes pitamah that is a nice idea.
Arjun- Gurudev give us the guru dakshina but don't give us a easy task like you gave to the Kauravas.
Bheem- Yes Gurudev give us a task where we have a fight.
Dro- Okay I give you the task to defeat the king of Panchal and as a dan return him half of the Panchal and the other half will be under you. Ashwatthama for your guru dakshina I ask you to get my stuff for the ashram and drop it over here.

Most of the people snorted at the guru dakshina that Drona gave Ashwatthama. But they were happy that after the defeat from Magadha they will have a land for themselves.

Ashwatthama did what he was asked as his guru dakshina but then he left without saying a word to his father. As Ashwatthama left Drona realised what he did but he knew that his useless son would not be able to win. But oh boy was he wrong.

Ashwatthama in anger marched to the kingdom of Kashi and challenged the king of Kashi. He and the army of Kashi had a amazing fight. But due to the raw strength and the techniques combined , Ashwatthama won becoming the king of Kashi which was the 6 most powerful after Magadha , Ayodhya , Avanti , Mathura and Dwarka. The kingdom of Kashi consisted of 12 akshauhini sena in total.

Ashwatthama after being crowned was looking at the kingdom and he was seeing what places needed work and which places needed what type of things. While he was passing through the Ganga ghats he saw a women about to jump in fire. He immediately summoned his dhanush and shot Varuna Astra on the fire to extinguish it.

Amba- Who are you and why did you extinguish the fire?
Ash- Devi I am Ashwatthama the new king of Kashi. But why were you jumping into the fire?

That's when Amba to Ashwatthama about what had happened to her. Ashwatthama knew about this as he was in his teens when abduction of the Kashi princesses had happened.

What people didn't know was that Ashwatthama was the same age as Devi Amba [I know that Ashwatthama was younger to Amba but for the storyline Ashwatthama and Amba are the same age] Ashwatthama feeling pity of Devi Amba gave her a marriage proposal.

Amba was shocked as she never thought that anyone would want to marry her. But she was also grateful for the proposal that the new king of Kashi put in front of her. She then agreed to the proposal and they got married. Mata Kripi and the grand parents of Ashwatthama Mata Susheela and Rishi Bharadwaj were also present during the wedding. The marriage was done successfully and Amba was then named as the queen of Kashi.

With the Pandavas, they mounted they horse and were on their was to the barren land of Panchal where the war would take place. When they reached the land they were shocked as they saw a chakravyuh.

The sons of Pandu were shocked as they had never excepted chakravyuh in their first battle. The brothers were looking at each other thinking what to do. But the arrogance in them got the best out of them as they started to try to penetrate the vyuh with their raw strength. The hadn't even reached the first vyuh that they were cuffed in the heavy steal chains.

When Drona got to know about this he ran to the battlefield. He seeing his students lose was angry that the Pandavas couldn't give their guru dakshina. But he then had to clean up the mess made by the Pandavas.

Dro- Drupad I Drona apologise in front of you. It was me who asked them to attack of you and they just followed the order.
Dru- I drupad leave your students and give them the southern Panchal as alms.

The words that were spoken by drupad was a slap on the faces of the Pandavas and Drona as the mighty sons of gods were getting alms from a king. But they were shamelessly happy as they could now add another land to the already small area of Hastinapur.

As the Pandavas returned they saw that the chariots were full of their stuff and all the royal women were sitting on the chariots.

Yudh- Pitamah what is happening?
Bhis- Putra we know about what happened in Panchal war but now due to the insult of Kauravas and their parents the kingdom of Kauravaprasth along with the king of Avanti Eklavya they have decided to wage a war on Hastinapur. So now we will have to move the capital to the kingdom of Dakshin Panchal.

The Pandavas were shocked as they never expected the Kauravas to wage a war against them. But the Kauravas did. Soon they all reached the battlefield and the war started. The Pandavas were getting overwhelmed by the power and the coordination between the Kauravas as all were using archery and the basic divine Astras. But due to the Astras being released by 100 people at the same time the attack had become brutal.

Eklavya was fighting with both Drona and Bhishma. The power of Eklavya was so much that before sunset he had made both Drona and Bhishma unconscious. Later as the sunset happened the Kauravas were victorious in their first ever battle. And now the Pandavas and the other kuru elders were out of the land of the kuru ancestors and started a life in dakshin Panchal with they later named as Pandavprasth.

__________________________
Authors note:

The ashwamedh yagya is coming up next are you excited?

Which kingdoms will challenge Hitanshi for a fight during the ashwamedh yagya?

The Kauravas have the entire kuru land are you happy?

Ashwatthama the king of Kashi , are you happy?