15. The final showdown

The war shanknaad was done and both the teams came in the center to fight. The 99 Kauravas were fighting the army of the Pandavas with pure valour and they together had killed 12 akshauhini Sena of the Pandavas.

Duryodhan went in front of Yuyutsu the betrayer. The Vibhishan in his family. They both had a strong fight but it was hard for yuyutsu to fight against the techniques and the strength of Duryodhan. Seeing Yuyutsu struggling Dhrishtadyum and Chitrangada the king of Kalinga came to help him. Seeing that Duryodhan summoned his bow and had a fight to remember. The 3 of them were overwhelmed by Duryodhan. Then Duryodhan used Maya Astra creating illusions that threw them all. They were scared and that's when Duryodhan with the advanced techniques taught to him by Hitanshi and Karna used 3 Anjalika Astras to behead all of them.

Dushala was fighting the army when Putana came in front of her. They both fought with each other and they were fighting with different techniques. Putana was using her poison but dushala was a stronger warrior then her and as the sunset Putana took her last breaths.

Rukmi was fighting against Trigant Naresh and the fight was one sided. Rukmi being the student of Parshuram was overwhelming Trigant naresh badly and finally killing him.

Eklavya was fighting against Chitravahan the father of Chitrangada the wife of Arjun. Since Chitravahan was a common warrior who depended upon Arjun for his safety he was easily killed by the hands of Eklavya. Later bhagadatta came and challenged Eklavya for a war which Eklavya accepted. The fight was a thought one and for this fight Eklavya had to use his maha vinashak Pashupat astra and as the soul departed to the abode of yam raj.

Shon and shalya was fighting and on the saying of Karna Shon was calm and started to fight lawfully along with Shalya. It was because of the boon begotten by Shalya. The boon that he couldn't be killed if his opponent was angry and unlawful. Finally Shon turned his anger in to his power and killed Shalya. Then seeing the calmness of Shon Drupad came to him and taunted his family. Shon's anger reached its peak and he burned Drupad using his Agney Astra.

The war day 1 was over and Karna and Hitanshi killed 20 akshauhini sena each , Shon killed 13 akshauhini Sena , Kauravas killed 12 akshauhini Sena and the others killed 5 akshauhini Sena each.

The Pandavas were fuming and they were upset. The only people who were alive were Krishna , the Pandavas , Shrikhandini , Bhishma , Drona , Vidur , Purujit , Shishupal and Krishna. They finally agreed to call ghatotkach and Pallam a night attack.

________________________
Authors note:-

How was the day 1 of the war?

Who will kill the Pandavas?

Will Kunti go to Karna?