9. The shock of Drona

In Pandavprasth ,
Drona with the mantra of calling any god he wants which he had gotten from his father. He could only use the mantra once. He along with Arjun used the mantra for Mahadev and called him.

Shiva- Open your eyes Drona , open your eyes Arjun.
Drona- Mahadev we want you to regrow our thumbs.
Shiva- Tathastu , but since you Drona disrespecting my boon of a child I gave you as Ashwatthama I shiva curse you that you that you will never be able to teach anyone ever again. You will be a follower of adharma. And Arjun you are greedy so I curse you to never gain the knowledge of my divine weapons.

Saying that Mahadev left from there. Arjun was in disbelief as he knew that the weapons of Mahadev was the ultimate goal for an archer. The curse he got from Mahadev was more brutal then him not having a thumb.

For Drona it was a realisation that he was wrong about his son. He was not scared as he had already done his part as a guru but he failed as a father , wife and a son.

But they both shrugged it off and went to the royal Sabha. They saw the Dwarka family standing over there and were a little shocked seeing them. Arjun was sad as Subhadra had not come. They all greeted each other and then the Sabha started.

Yudhi- Dwarka family May we know the reason for your arrival?
Kri- We have came here to discuss about the problems of aryavart.
Bhish- What problems Dwarkadhish?
Bal- Mahamahim the problem that will make injustice grow. The presence of Samragini Hitanshi , Samrat Karna becoming chakravati Samrat and Samragini. They being related to Gandhar raj and the family of Dhritarashtra.
Vasudev- They were called bad omens and if the chakravati Samragini is their relative the have now became the royals of the whole aryavart.
Bhish- What should we do now Rajkumar?
Vid- I think we should ...

Suddenly a spy entered the Sabha and said something that almost made Drona have a heart attack.

Yudhi- What happened spy?
Spy- Maharaj the son of Drona and kripi Ashwatthama has won the land of Kashi. He in anger killed 12 of the 24 akshauhini Sena and has become an Ati-Rathi. He has also married the warrior princess Devi Amba.
Bhish & Drona- What!

All of them had different reactions. While the family of Dwarka , Kripacharya and Vidur were shocked. The Pandavas were jealous that the son of Drona as he had a kingdom he won to rule while they lived on a kingdom given to them as a gift.

Bhishma the backbone that was now broken was anger as he was in love with that women but due to the oath taken by him he had to stop himself.

Drona was surprised as his son that he thought was useless was actually an exceptional warrior which he missed to see.

While the master mind of them all said.

Kunti- We have gotten an invite from the Panchal family for the svayamvar of the fire born princess. So I thing we should make an alliance with Ashwatthama as Guru Dronaachaarya is on our side.

[Who do you want to win the svayamvar of Draupadi?
A) Duryodhan
B) Arjun
C) Nakul
D) Shon
E) Eklavya]

Yes you heard it right , the fire born princess's svayamvar. Krishna was waiting for it as after that only will his little sister get married. But little did he know who did his sister love.

Somewhere in aryavart:-
There were 2 people who were talking one boy and one girl. The boy and the girl had their faces covered so they would not get caught.

Girl- My brother was again talking great about his bestfriend.
Boy- Don't worry priye I have told you a way to break the believe of your brother. The svayamvar of the fire born I coming soon and all the people from Aryavart will come there be it males or females or kinars.
Girl- But what should I do ... he is the son of my bua too.
Boy- Subhadra priye don't panic. I have told you the way and it is not insulting.
Subhadra- Fine I will leave as I have to reach in Kampilya.
Boy- Priye reach when the guests have come as till then your family or Arjun will not get a chance to confess of talk to you about marrying Arjun.

Subhadra left leaving the boy smiling.

____________________________
Authors note:

Who do you think is the boy whom Subhadra was talking to?

What solution has the boy given to Subhadra?

Your views on the curse gotten by Drona and Arjun?

How was the reaction of Bhishma and Drona?