10. The svayamvar of the fire born

In Kampilya ,
All the royals from different kingdoms had arrived after their respective sisters tied them rakhi as it was rakshabandhan. Soon it was announced that the royal family of Kampilya are arriving.

Drupad- The task of the svayamvar is simple. My daughter will marry the most powerful person. There are 3 divine weapons of Dharmaraj Yama , Vayudev and Devraj Indra which they had been gifted to our ancestors. The three weapons that a person has to pick are the Bhala (Spear) of Dharmaraj Yama , Gada (Mace) of Vayudev and Kindura Dhanush (Bow) Indradev.

Hearing that Krishna whispered in the Ears of drupad saying.

Kri- Maharaj if you want to check you future son-in-law you should also have to check his ability to fight with a Talvar (sword) and a parshu (axe).
Drupad- You are right Dwarkadeesh. The person who is successful in using the three weapons will go to the next round where you will have to fight with a Talvar (sword) and a parshu (axe) that has been given to me as a boon from the Ashwini kumars. Hence if the fight ends in a tie Draupadi will select her husband.

Everyone over there was shocked as it was the first time such task was happening. The Pandavas had now regretted not taking knowledge of other weapons but they thought that since they are the best in the 5 weapons no one can defeat them. 100 of the Kauravas knew all the weapons but most of the Kauravas had already gotten married so it was decided that Duryodhan will participate in the svayamvar.

The duels had began and most of the royals had passed the spear fight and the Archery but the felt weak in mace fighting but they still won. Ashwatthama and Karna did not participate. When Karna backed off it was as if the plans of drupad went down the well.

Then came the time of the Pandavprasth royals and obviously the 5 brothers dueled with their primary weapons. They told the royals that they are fighting for the eldest and that Draupadi would marry Yudhishthir.

They said so as they wanted Draupadi to be the maid of their mother and their common wife who was hidden by them.

Later the duels were over and they went into the next round. Along with the others.

Now it was the chance of Shon and Eklavya they fought against Rukmi and Shisupal and defeated them in a humiliating match for them.

Later the match with swords and axe started and the people who were fighting the war was Yudhishthir , Bheem , Arjun , Nakul , Sahdev , Duryodhan , Dantavakra , Pundarik , Satyaki , Eklavya , Shon and Trigant Naresh.

Subhadra was going to announce the names for the final round as requested by Krishna. It was in front of the entire aryavart and Arjun knew that the way his Bhadra will take his name will be enough to let the people know that Subhadra has fallen for his so he begged Krishna for the same to which Krishna agreed.

Subhadra looked at her hidden lover who winked and she started the announcement.

Subhadra- I Dwarka princess Subhadra now announce the warriors who have reached in the final round. Welcome king Dantavakra , King Pundarik , King Duryodhan , King Eklavya , Yuvraj Shon , Trigant Naresh , Senapati Satyaki , King and my Brother Yudhishthir , Bhrata Bheem , Bhrata Nakul , Bhrata Sahdev and the one who is the favourite student of Dronacharya ...

All the well wishes of Pandavas were happy as Subhadra was telling this but they had a shock coming as Subhadra said.

Subhadra- The son of Indra BHRATA ARJUN. Who has always loved me and treated me like a younger sister. Also if maharaj drupad wouldn't mind as today is Raksha bandan I would like to tie rakhi to the 5 Pandavas as they are my brothers.
Drupad- No problem Rajkumari.

The well wiser a of Pandavas were stunned as they never expected this. Even the great avatar of Maha Vishnu stood there stunned. They were so shocked that they didn't notice when Subhadra tied rakhi around their wrists.

Subhadra *in mind*- Arjun Bane gaya tha tu mera Saiya ab ban gaya tu mera bhaiya 🤣🤣.

Soon the fight between them started.
After long time of fighting and no winner the contest was declared as tie. Meaning that now Draupadi would chose her husband from the people.

Draupadi- I chose ...

___________________________
Authors note:-

What did you think about Arjun become Bhaiya instead Saiya? 😂😂

Who do you think will Draupadi choose?

Who is the hidden common wife of the Pandavas?

Why is the wife of Pandavas hidden?

Is it because their wife is not nice or is it because of Bhishma?