Our Arival

Annalisa POV
I sat quietly staring out the window of the train car. My best friend, Shin, sat across from me, earbuds in, music blasting. My other best friend, Jessica (Jess for short), was asleep next to me. We had finally managed to get away from our lives of royalty and we're heading to Magica. A school for those like us, who were able to control a specific element. Shin was able to control fire and hales from Sparks, the fire kingdom (makes sense right?). Jess is from Stillness, the Dark kingdom, and is a shadow sorceress. I on the other hand am from Arcana, the kingdom of Magic, I have no specific element. Most just call me an Arcana Sorceress.
You might be wondering why 3 royals aren't learning to run our kingdoms like most Princes and Princesses would. There is a simple answer to that, we're all second in line. Our parents couldn't care less what we do. And since we were born with Magic they want nothing to do with us. Well, ok, in my case my dad couldn't care less, my mother though, wants me to learn how to work with my gift. So in case anything happens to the first in line, my sister, Angel, I can protect myself and rule the kingdom.
Anyway as I stared aimlessly at the passing country side, something tapped against my foot. It was Shin, he didn't take his earbuds out but he did point to something in the distance. I turned finding it was the school. From here I could see the main building. It was a cathedral type structure. I nudged the sleeping brunette beside me. She groaned and rubber her eyes.
"Whaaaat?" She whined.
"Want some cheese with the whine?" Shin asked pulling his earbuds out.
"Shut up, Sparky. So why am I awake?" She inquired, cranky.
"We're almost there," Shin and I said in union.
"It's still weird when you do that..." Jess muttered.
The black haired boy and I looked at each other and shrugged. It was natural for us, since we've been together since birth. No we aren't separated twins. Our mothers we together when they went into labor. So I guess you could say we WERE raised as brother and sister.
We met Jess at the age of five and since then have always been together. I gave her a slight push and shook my head. "you never say that when we do it!" I said. We have those rare occasions of saying the same thing at the same time. It's mainly a thing between Shin and I though. As we got closer to the train station, Shin stood up and handed us our bags.
We didn't really bring much. Mainly small trinkets that reminded us of home, some books, our electronics, and about a weeks worth of clothes. We really didn't have any regular street clothes. "After we get settled in we should really buy some more clothes," Jess said digging through her small leather backpack. I opened mine and nodded. I only brought 7 shirts, 2 pairs is jeans, and 3 skirts. Basically all my street clothes, besides the ones I was already wearing.
"I wonder what it's gonna be like, living away from the castles and around common folk...." Shin wondered aloud. I shrugged and Jess didn't pay attention. I pulled out my phone and turned it on, instantly feeling Home Sick. My lock screen was of Arcana Castle. It's what you would expect a castle to look like. Only it was a dark purple color and the tower roofs were an emerald green. what made it look like it was from a fairy tale was how the sun was hitting it. the sun set caused it to slightly glow and look unrealistic. Like a little girl's fantasy.
I glanced over at Jess. Her phone was out and showed Castle Stillness. When you imagine a dark, shadowy castle you aren't any where near Castle Stillness. It was a navy blue with black tower roofs. in the picture, it was night. the moon gave hit an amazingly soft glow causing the black roofs to reflect its light. Making them look a silvery dark grey. It didn't give off a foreboding aura at all.
I didn't even need to look at Shin's phone to know he was looking at Sparks Castle. It was a wine red castle with golden orange tower roofs. His picture was taken at dawn. Sparks Castle in the morning looked like it was made of really dark fire. But that's what just made it more beautiful. If I remember correctly in the back of the photo you can see, Ember, Shin's Phoenix, flying over the second tallest tower.
We didn't have time to dwindle on the pictures because it was our stop. walking down the trains halls was eerily silent. I saw people looking through their rooms windows as we passed. All were glaring, but that's just a given. Not everybody liked Sorcerers and now everyone feared them after what happened recently. A rouge Sorcerer went on a rampage and killed a whole town along with burned it to the ground. Now anyone who wants to be a sorcerer or sorceress is ridiculed. We quickly got off we were the only ones besides 4 other kids down the way to get off. One of the girls in the group waved. Being polite I waved back and smiled. She smiled back before fallowing her group away. "It might be better than we thought here..." I thought aloud.