Laghussah Ball

We made our way into the grand hall which was decorated in fall leaves and... Well... anything autumn.
"Man, they out did themselves," Jess murmured.
"Yeah, they did," I responded.
"ANNALISA IRIS ARCANA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" An angry Jason yelled approaching quickly.
"Eep!" I hid behind Jess.
"Ah, hell, nah! I ain't no meat shield!" She said grabbing my wrist and throwing me at my angry cousin.
Smacking into his chest I smiled at him sheepishly. His intense blue eyes stared down at me with a mixture of anger and left over worry.
"Hi, My dear cousin who loves me so much he won't send me to an early grave," I said.
"That's up for debate, young lady," Kane said for my cousin.
"Meep!" I squeaked shrinking back.
The brunettes sighed, shaking they're heads.
"We'll chat about this later," Jason said.
I nodded, reluctantly, pulling away. I scanned the crowd for familiar faces and the rest of our group. My eyes landed on Lily and that elf guy. She was dancing to the music while he was seated not to far away from her. They were talking and from what I could tell she was trying to coax him into getting up.
I glanced at my friends before sneaking off toward the two. The blonde caught sight of me and waved happily, smiling. The whitette wasn't too happy to see me.
"Hi, Lily!" I greeted.
"Hey, Annalisa!" She responded happily, "I don't think he introduced himself but this is Cedric. My... Uh... Friend?"
He snorted at that and stood. "More like you guardian, Miss O'Lily," he corrected snakily.
She groaned losing her happy mood.
"I didn't want you to come with me!" She whined.
"Dryads shouldn't leave their grove," he responded.
"A dryad?" I asked.
"I'm a dryad from the earth kingdom. The forest outside Emerald to be exact," she said fiddling with the hem of her dress, "I want to learn magic... And I managed to uproot my plant and transplant it... But I made the mistake of heading through the Highland Waterfalls and he," she jabbed her thumb at the elf, "found me. And insisted to come along,"
"Wait, Cedric... As in Cedric Lockwood? The Elf general's youngest son?"
He bristled at my inquiry thus glaring at me.
"How would you know that?" His eyes narrowed, "Only A few royal families know of my family,"
"I-I... well... u-um,"
"Don't interrogate her, Ceddy! She's my friend!" Lily scolded the boy before grabbing my wrist, "Come on! Let's go dance since Ceddy's being mean!"
She lead me away and began dancing to the fast tune of the orchestra. I had a hard time keeping up with the Dryad. She was so freaking energetic! But nonetheless it was fun. At some point they switched to a partner dance and she'd been swept away by a cute Panda furrow boy.
I, on the other hand, found myself in the arms of a cute boy.
"Hi," he greeted smiling down at me.
"H-hi," I responded, meekly. 

"I'm Maximus,"
"Annalisa,"
We twirled around the ballroom at a steady pace.
"Sooooo, Maximus-" "Max is fine,"
"Ok, Max, why'd you grab me?"
"You were closest,"
"I was halfway across the ballroom," I deadpanned.
"U-uh, are you sure? Because you seemed at arms reach to me,"
I scoffed.
"Ok ok I grabbed you because I wanted to escape my friends,"
"Haha, nice to know I'm a scapegoat,"
He blushed.
"I didn't mean to use you as a scapegoat. They were just getting to annoying and I ran," he confessed 
"What were they annoying you about?"
"The fact I'm g- never mind..."
"'Te fact you're g'? Wait... You prefer guys over girls?" I asked.
He's face flushed white.
"N-no! I'm not!"
I looked him in the eyes and studied his face for a few seconds.  Giving him my best "I-can-see-your-soul" stare he caved.
"Yeah... I am..."
"What's wrong with that?" I asked.
He looked down at me like I was insane.
"My parents don't want their only son to be gay, Annalisa, I'm more than sure they want grand kids," he sighed, "and my friends are giving me shit because they guessed it,"
"Let me guess... You're from Aire?"
He nodded.
"Yeah, I can see why you're upset," I said sympathetically.
Aire was the only kingdom left that hadn't made it acceptable for homosexual marriage. And often if a son or daughter came out an said they were they were kicked out of the house.
I squeezed his upper arm and smiled.
"Don't worry, you'll find your prince and after graduation maybe you can move to a kingdoms that will accept you!" I was being optimistic on his behalf.
Honesty I believed everyone deserved happiness and should marry an love who they want. Aire was just stuck in their ways.
"So where in Aire are you from?"
"Cyclone. What about you? Where are you from?"
Thus I gulped. Can't let it slip I'm a princess. I desperately needed to hide it.
"Runes, Arcana," I said.
It wasn't a total lie. I'd been born in Runes so it was ok for me to use my birthplace. Right?
"I heard Runes is known for excellent fortune tellers,"
"Yep!"
"How good are you?"
I shrugged. "Not that good but not that shabby either," That wasn't a lie either, "mostly I do Red String readings, though,"
He nodded thinking it over.
"Not a very common talent," He blushed looking away, "Could you read mine?"
I nodded, smiling. Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes I focused on Max's aura. Opening my eyes I watched as his red string made a beeline for a boy halfway across the ballroom. 
*insert photo here*
He sat with two girls who were very engrossed in their conversation, he himself was watching couples waltz. I pulled his hand toward the boy. It was easy dancing over the hard part was getting through the crowd. Once beside the table I grabbed type boy's wrist and swapped him with me. Max was knocked back into the crowd of people with his new dance partner.
"And my work here is done,"
"How'd ya know?" one of the girls asked.
"Huh?"
"James had been eyin' him since the ceremony," the other said.
I looked at the blue and pink haired girls with a beyond perplexed expression.
"Ya know what ne'r mind," the pink haired girl said,"What's yer name, las?"
Oh, they're from Highlands
"Annalisa, you?"
"Aura," the pink haired girl said
"Robin," the blue haired girl added.
"So... That guy's been eying Max since the ceremony, huh?" I asked sitting down.
"You have no idea!" Robin laughed.
"E'ry time he turned James would freak out!" Aura howled.

I laughed, myself. 

"It's gotta be fate then!" I giggled.
"So how di' you know, las?" Aura asked.
"Red String of Fate," I responded. 

Both girls eyes widened and i could practically  see questions gathering in their minds. Luckily my knight in dark armor came to get me. Kane walked up to the table and held out his hand to me. 

"May I have this dance, Princess?" He inquired, bowing.

I giggled in response taking his hand getting up.
"See you later, Aura, Robin!" I called over my shoulder as he lead me to the center of the dance floor. 
He smiled kindly. "New friends of yours, Princess?" He asked as we began to waltz. 

"I suppose. I been talking to them for barely a few minutes before you got me," I replied, "And, Kane, My name is Annalisa, not Princess,"
"But it's your title,"

"Not my name though. So please call me by my name?"

He grimaced. 
"But if you have to, take your time. Just don't expect me not to correct you," I giggled.
He nodded in response. We stayed on the dance floor for five or six songs before my heels started to hurt me severely. He lead me toward a table where Ronnie and Cass were seated with Clovis. 
"Got tired finally?" Cass asked me.

I nodded sitting between her and Ronnie (Who relaxed a little when i did so). I slipped my light purple heels off and placed them besides Cass' discarded white ones. 
"Can I ask something stupid?" Clovis asked.
"Shoot..." Cass responded laying on the table.
"Why do girls hurt themselves with heels?" 
Cass and I looked at each other before sighing.
"Reasons," We responded.
"I'll go get us drinks," Kane chuckled walking away.

"I'll come with you," Clovis called following his brother.
Cass gave a huffed laugh. "Interesting afternoon so far," She muttered sitting up.
"Yep..."
We sat there watching people twirl passed. I caught sight of Jason dancing with Lizzy. They were smiling and laughing from what I could tell. I watched for my friends as the danced passed. Some dancing with each other. Others dancing with complete strangers. Mizumi was dancing with a shy looking auburn haired boy. Shin had been grabbed by a tall white haired boy with wolf ears. Jess danced with Oli who had a hard time keeping up with her footing. Clover and Clove had grabbed another set of twins and were switching back and forth between the two.

Aya and Jaden awkwardly swayed side from side not looking at each other (did something bad happen while I was gone?). Reiner danced with a brown haired nymph who was blushing brightly. Gideon was dancing with a bunny girl who was blushing brightly too. I finally caught sight of Drew, whom made his way toward the table. once beside he extended a hand to Ronnie. 
"Would you like to dance?" The gold eyed knight  asked, smiling.

Ronnie blushed looking down. I nudged him with my elbow. He looked at me, wide eyed before sighing softly and shyly taking Drew's outstretched hand. As the pair made their way into the crowd of people Cass made a comment.
"Didn't think Drew swung that way," She smiled, "They would be a cute couple, though,"

I nodded in response, they honestly would. Kane and Clovis returned shortly after that with a pair of crystal glasses. I smiled accepting mine (Not before sniffing it for anything suspicious). The night dragged on with more dancing and fun. I dance with all my guy friends and a couple of the girls. Even Aura and Robin danced with me. Lily had managed to get Cedric to dance at some point. Though it was during a waltz where you switched partners and I ended up dancing with him. When the night ended most of us who were on our feet a lot (Me, Jess, Lily, and Ronnie {Who'd been dancing with Drew the whole time}) were falling asleep. Four of our knights took us back to our rooms. 

Me being lazy for once had just given him my key and let him drop me on my bed. The gentleman was kind enough to hand me my key again. Half asleep I slipped the cord over my head and crashed. All though... I swear i heard someone else say "goodnight"... And it wasn't Kane or anyone else I knews voices... 

______________________________
A/N: AND I AM DONE WITH CHAPTER 14 (i think)! GOOD GODS I'M TIRED!!! Hope you liked it! Like, comment, and follow! Until next time, BYE~! 

~Anna-Chan