The Bizzar

Annalisa POV
We walked through the town before the school. It was a quaint place, and full of magic! We passed road side vendors selling potions, charms, even weapons. My eyes caught sight of an amazing scythe. It was maybe 6 feet tall, with a silver blade, and black staff. The blade its self was engraved with stars.
"Wow..." I breathed.
You see, much to my fathers distain I learned how to work with almost every weapon in the book. And I always loved Scythes, swords, halberds, and knives. Mainly weapons with a blade obviously.
"Hello ma'am!" The sales lady greeted.
"Hi..." I responded still mesmerized by the weapon.
"It's only 56 stars (1)!" She said.
I looked at the lady in shock. the was reasonably cheap for a scythe. "may I see it?" I asked
"Go right a head!" She smiled
I took it down and weighted it. It was just the right weight for me to handle.
"Ma'am there are two unique qualities to this scythe. One is it grows with the user just in case and the second, well, you see that sapphire by the blade?" She asked. I instantly found it and nodded to her. "Ok now press it," she instructed.
I did as I was told and instantly it began to shrink. In a matter of seconds it had turned into a black hair stick with a star on the top. I stared at it in awe. "I'll take it!" I said happily pulling my coin pouch and handing her 56 stars. She smiled nodding to me.
"Thank you, come again!"
Jess and Shin had wondered off somewhere else in the small market but from where I was I could see both. Shin was at a little charm booth and Jess was at an elixir kiosk.
'Might as well bug Shin!' I thought walking over to him.
"Hey, bro, watcha doin?" I asked once I reached him.
"Just looking at protection charms," he said, "no big deal,"
He then picked up a set of three charms and the sales man finally took notice of us. "Ah I see you found our special three person protection charms!" He exclaimed.
"What do you mean?" My black haired friend asked.
"If you give one to another person you wish to protect the charm will glow. It signals that said person is in danger and will transport you to their location. The charm its self will put up a shield until you arrive!" The man explained.
"It goes for all three?" I asked
"Yes ma'am it does!"
Shin and I shared a look before looking back at the man and saying "how much?" In union.
"I'm having a sale today so I can give them to you for 10 stars,"
"I'll take them..." Shin said handing him the bronze coins.
As we walked away I looked at the charms. The first One was purple and looked like a shooting star on a silver chain. The second was a red flame in a gold chain. And the third was a navy circle with a crescent moon and another circle in it on a bronze chain.
Shin untied the piece of wire keeping them together and handed me the purple charm.
"Thanks!" I said.
"Welcome!" He smiled putting the red charm around his neck and helping me with mine. We continued toward the kiosk Jess had been at, but she was gone when we got there. I sighed trying to look over the crowd to locate my best friend. Shin decided to help by picking me up and holding me above the crowd.
"Please don't drop me..." I cowered.
"I won't, just trust me," he reassured.
I nodded looking for a sign of the black haired girl. I finally caught sight of her hoodie, she was walking into a small boutique.
"Got 'er!" I said. Shin brought me down and I ran in the direction I saw her go.
"Will you slow down?!" The green eyed boy yelled/asked.
"Nope!" I yelled back.
Finally reaching the shop I realized why Jess went in. Its a gothic clothing boutique.
"Go figure," I sighed. Shin sighed, too, but still went a head and walked in me in toe. Jess wasn't that hard to spot. Especially with the hoodie she wore. Not even bothering to announce my presence I grabbed the back of her hoodie and dragged her from the store.
"Anna! Whyyyyyyy?!" She whined fighting against my grip.
"Because we're gonna miss out first day if you don't move it!" I responded continuing to yank her along. And with that the three of us royal brats left the bizarre.

~~~~~~~~~
(1) Stars is the lowest currency and are dime size bronze coins
Comets is the medium currency and are nickel sized silver coins
Constellations is the highest currency and 50-cent piece sized gold coins