Written In Red Ink

based off a prompt/suggestion by youfavlesbian , thank you so much for all of your support!

———

She had escaped.

Pip was free.

And now, she had to get out here, and she had to do it fast.

He could be back any -

"Shit," she whispered, stopping in her tracks as she ran from that building and the green fence.

The sound of car tires on gravel. He was back.

And he saw her.

His eyes sharped before they widened, veins bulging from his neck, his face an angry flush of red.

Pip was dead again, and she knew that. She knew that by how fast he was walking towards her, and she knew that by the knife in his hand.

Why wasn't she moving? Why were her feet stuck to the grass beneath them?

When did he get so close?

And when did he have time to stab her?

"Oh, shit." She mumbled, quiet as she held herself. "You just -"

His breath was thick as she stared at her, unmoving.

Now was her chance. It would hurt, but she had to run.

He kicked him down, as hard as she could; leg reeling back and shooting out, a pain in her bleeding stomach.

She ran, hard and fast, coughing as she dove into the front seat of his car, key still in the ignition.

Pip panted, catching her breath, her hand still pressed against her wound.

She took off her hoodie, slick with blood, and tied it right around her stomach, pressed hard against the wound.

She would be okay. She had to be.

Her heart raced as she sped out of the gate, watching an enraged Jason Bell charge after the car.

Too slow. Of course he was too slow. What an idiot.

Once on a main road, far from Green Scene, she grabbed Jason's burner phone that was sat in the cup holder and dialed 911.

"I've been stabbed in the stomach," she hissed, interrupting the operator. "By Jason Bell, at Green Scene Ltd. He was going to -" Pip paused, panting. "He was going to kill me. He kidnapped me, and he was going to kill me, but I escaped. He's stabbed me." She repeated.

"Ma'am, what's your name?"

"Pippa Fitz-Amobi,"

"Pippa, where are you now? Are you safe?"

"I'm -" she panted again, wincing as her vision blurred. "I'm safe, but it's - the wound is bleeding really bad. I'm driving, and I know I shouldn't be, but I had to get away from him. I'm going back to Fairview right now. I need help." She whispered, voice reedy and quiet.

The operator began to speak on the other line, but then, that line went dead. No, the phone.

The phone died. Her last hope. No.

She coughed and heaved, squinting as she drove one handed, now; holding her stomach once again.

She couldn't drive much longer, she knew that.

But thank god, she was just on the outskirts of Fairview. She could make it.

"Breathe, Sarge, you'll be okay." The Ravi that lived in her head was back, whispering in her ear, holding her thigh as she drove.

"Thank you," she panted, willing herself to hang onto the breaths that she could.

And then finally, the hospital was in sight. She was okay, now.

There was no time for parking. She was dying.

Quickly, and with screeching tires, she pulled in directly in front of the hospital.

She weakly opened the door, leaving it open as she limped inside; still holding her stomach.

She coughed into her hand, blood splattering onto it, and she knew, now, she couldn't possibly last.

"I need a doctor," she croaked, blood dripping from her mouth. "Please."

"Oh, christ," the receptionist mumbled, hurrying to call a doctor, stat.

Pip's vision blurred again, the world spinning around her, her hearing drifting away from her as the world drifted away, too.

Lights, white, and far too bright.

Her mind reeled. Where was she, again? Who's voice was that?

Was that...

"Ravi?" She asked the room, voice raw.

"Pip?" He asked, hurrying to her side and grabbing her hand. "Pips, oh my god! My little one. Sarge," he cried. "How do you feel?"

"He tried to -"

"No, I know, Trouble. You're okay. They found him, honey. You don't have anything to worry about anymore."

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment before looking at Ravi, and her parents sat at the window - letting he and Pip have their moment.

Ravi. He was here. She'd thought she'd never see him again, and now here he was in front of her, holding her hand.

His curled hair - she ran a hand through it with a soft smile. His lips, plump and so sweet, and that smile. His smile.

And, oh, his honey, golden-brown eyes.

Ravi Singh. The love of her life. "Oh, Ravi."

"My baby." He whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead, and then to the exposed scars along her wrists. "My sweet, sweet girl."

"I was so scared,"

"I know."

"I thought that I'd never see you again," she whispered. "You helped me..."

"What?"

"You were there, with me. In my head."

A soft silence.

"Ravi, you saved me."

"You saved yourself." He told her.

She shook her head, a soft and sad smile on her face.

Her parents approached the bed slowly, smiles on their faces. Victor pressed a hand gently to Ravi's back. "Can we?"

"Oh, god, yes. I'm sorry," he mumbled, stepping back to make room for them and grabbing Pip's water to refill it.

"Hey, Pickle." Her dad said, grabbing her hand. "How're you feeling?"

"Like I just got stabbed in the stomach by a serial killer," She sighed, turning her wrist so her parents couldn't see the cuts and scars.

"We were so worried." Leanne told her softly. "When Ravi said you hadn't turned up...oh, my god."

"I'm sorry." she mumbled, tears pricking her eyes.

"You're sorry? Pip, you were taken. It's not your fault."

She was completely silent, avoiding eye contact from her parents.

It wasn't her fault, sure, but it was.

Save herself to save herself. She asked for this. One last case.

It was her fault, and nothing could change that.

The deal was made, one between her and whatever Gods there may be.

A deal that was written in red ink, spelling out P-I-P-S-F-A-U-L-T.