Never Needed Anything More

implied mentions of rape
please be careful reading this if that topic is sensitive to you! stay safe , i love you 🫶

( part 6 of the 'august' oneshot series )

𓇼

And I can see us twisted in bedsheets

"Where were you?!" Pip cried, rushing into his arms as he pushed the front door shut with his foot.

Moonlight pooled into the foyer through the blinds, and the shadow of rain casted itself over their feet.

"I just... I had some things to take care of." He shrugged, and effortlessly, he lifted her into his arms.

She giggled softly, nuzzling her head into his neck as she willed herself to stop crying, which seemed to be proving itself useless — her flow of tears simply would not stop.

"Breathe, pretty girl. You're okay." He reminded her, his voice soft and — she'd be damned to deny it — so, very, enchantingly sweet.

She did, inhaling the comforting scent of petrichor mixed with salt air, as Ravi gently laid her back on the bed.

The seashell duvet was now ruffled from Pip's sleep and their other afternoon activities, and, to Pip at least, it felt cozier that way. More loved, less for show.

Once settled and comfortably back in bed — or rather in Ravi's arms — she looked up at him with those hazel eyes of hers.

"So, where were you, really? Other than bringing me an extra pair of your boxers."

"Um," he breathed, brushing her hair from her forehead and tucking it behind her ear with nimble fingers. "I drove to..."

Could he mention Max around her anymore? Would it... would it trigger something? Was that a possibility?

It must've been — she had been crying at nearly three in the morning because waking up in a dark room meant something more than just... a dark room.

He coughed. "Max Hastings' house. Um, I punched him in the face a few... a lot of times."

She blinked at him, her brow furrowed for a moment, before those eyes of hers sparkled. "Well, thank you..."

Despite the sparkle in her eyes, her voice remained quiet and uncertain.

He pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, watching her eyes flutter.

Watching them flicker before ultimately giving into the heaviness of her lashes and letting them fall shut.

Finally succumbing back to sleep, Pip let out a soft hum, and she rolled onto her side.

And Ravi fell asleep petting the silk-like locks of Pip's hair.

August sipped away like a bottle of wine

"I don't think I can do this, Ravi." She breathed, staring up at him with a flickering stare.

"I think you can. You're at one of your favorite places, you'll be with your favorite people, and I think it's a guarantee that you'll be getting your favorite weather. By the looks of the sky, at least." He shrugged, watching Pip watch the thick, grey clouds and the rain, still pelleting down at the sand of the beach.

Ravi pushed the dirty seashell bedsheets into the washing machine, running a hand through his hair as he shut the door.

"You know they'll believe you," he said softly, joining her on the couch, his gaze not daring to fleet away from her face, her gaze not daring to fleet away from the rain. "You know them."