Everything Has Changed

And all I've seen since eighteen hours ago

Pip and Ravi had been working together longer than they'd expected to — shut away in Pip's room with the curtains drawn, snacks and sodas and coffee keeping them awake and afloat.

Ravi had pinky-promised and sworn on his life to Victor that he would keep himself a reasonable distance from Pip.

Victor knew Ravi wasn't that kind of boy.

However, the kind of boy Ravi was was the kind that poured more coffee for the girl he... was very close friends with.

"I need more coffee," Pip sighed, and before the words had even left her mouth, he was across her bedroom and pouring her another cup.

"Sugar?" He asked, though already knowing the answer — a witty joke that she'd been making since her first cup.

"Yes, dear?"

As always, of course, Ravi's chuckle was real and true, be it because of his sleep deprivation or because it was a joke that never got old, he wasn't sure. 

Still, as always, he gave her a sugarless cup of steaming coffee and watched her sip at it, wearing no emotions on her face; not reacting in the slightest.

It must've burned her tongue, but judging by the way she went right back to her work, she wasn't letting it bother her.

"Isn't that hot?" Ravi asked finally, swiveling her chair to face him, resting his hand on her knee.

"Insanely hot." She breathed, laughing as she exhaled. "That's part of the appeal, of course," Pip clarified as she turned back to her work.

And Ravi couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Is green eyes and freckles and your smile

If Ravi were to tell her the truth, which he never would, he would whisper against her brown hair and tell her how much he loved her.

From the chocolatey brunette roots of her hair, to her muddy hazel-green eyes and the light paint-splatter freckles that trailed over her nose, down to her red nailed toes.

But Pip would never know that, of course. At least, not if Ravi had any say in the matter.

Which, obviously, he did. Nobody knew about his admiration for the girl in front of him — well, maybe his Notes app, but that didn't really count.

For a moment, Ravi was distracted from his own work with the beauty Pip held. How was he supposed to take his eyes off of her?

And how was Pip so focused? She had been working on both a school project and Jamie's case all day, alternating between the two. Ravi had stuck by her side since she'd called him at 5:30 that morning in desperate need of a Starbucks run.

Ravi had been awake for only ten minutes but that didn't stop him from slipping on his shoes, running into the pouring rain, and getting in his car.

I'm here, his text had read, and Pip had ran outside in a Harvard sweater, dark grey sweatpants, and Uggs. Ravi had payed no mind to the frizzy mess of her slept on French braids.