My Love

sickfic ! requested by RobinBuckleysWife011
🫶🏻

—————

Pip coughed, and Ravi could tell: she had pushed herself past her limit, once again.

Her skin was a pasty and ghostly white and the bags under her eyes were... well, definitely more defined.

She had chills, even with the heat on and being wrapped in her warmest sweater.

"Okay," Ravi sighed, standing from where he sat on her bed and turned her chair to face him. He held her hands, despite their sweat, in his. "My love, I know you hate to hear it, but you're sick."

Pip looked up at him with furrowed brows and a frown, and even though she didn't want to believe it, her face told Ravi that she definitely knew that she was.

He gently shut her laptop and brushed a stray hair behind her ear. "You're overworking again," he whispered.

"I know," she whispered back.

In a moment so tender, they couldn't help but smile at each other, even if Pip's lips were just turned up weakly.

"Get into bed, I'll get you pajamas to change into, Sarge."

She nodded, her legs wobbling under her weight as she slipped under her down comforter and unbuttoned her jeans.

She shimmied out of them and breathed heavily before tossing them near her window, doing the same with her sweater and the too-tight tank top underneath.

Pip still got embarrassed to be undressed around Ravi, even after their many nights together — skin against skin, heartbeat against heartbeat — and Ravi still found it absolutely adorable.

She pulled the blankets over her chest, burying herself up to her neck and Ravi chuckled with a soft smile as he turned around.

He tossed her the dark green pajama shirt she'd stolen from him, and a pair of shorts, mentioning how if he knew her, he knew she'd rather not be wearing her bra.

Embarrassing, yes, but true? Also yes.

And so, for his girl, he unclasped it for her and faced away as she took it off. He waited for her to mumble about being dressed until he faced her again, and even until he slipped into bed with her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, taking note of the quiet pattering of rain against the rooftop.

"Bad," Pip whispered, pushing her hair to the side and away from her neck.

"Want to tell me about it?" He asked, reaching over to run his fingers through those long, and ever so soft, locks of hers.

"I'm really nauseous," her voice was raspy from being so unused all day. "My stomach really hurts, I've got a headache. I can't really breathe out of nose."

"Aw, Trouble," he hummed, pressing a kiss against her temple. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I had to get my homework done," she sighed. "I've been really behind on my work since..." Ravi knew what she was talking about by the way her voice trailed off, and by the way her eyelashes fluttered in a blink six times.

Six gunshots replaying constantly in her mind. Six gunshots laughing as she flinched with each bullet. Six gunshots, imbedded into her very own ribs.

"We don't have to talk about it," he whispered, breathing softly as she slung her leg over his in an unspoken thank you/I love you.

In return, he trailed his pinky finger over the bridge of her nose as an I love you too/you're welcome.

"You should try to get some rest, Sergeant." Ravi advised, watching her chest rise and fall slowly, watching her eyes begin to flutter shut.

"I know." Her voice was barely even a whisper, and Ravi knew for certain that she was exhausted.

And Ravi, he let her sleep.

Pip had stirred in her sleep three times, only briefly waking up twice. Glancing up at Ravi, smiling softly with the reassurance, and rolling onto her side.

Ravi's fingers traced along the skin of her back where her shirt hiked up. His hand rest on the arch of her hip and rose with it as she sighed. He never left her side, except to grab her laptop and to use the bathroom.

As Pip slept, late into the night, Ravi did her homework for her. It was good for him to refresh his mind on the work he'd missed when he was still in school.

More importantly, it was good to take the stress off of Pip's shoulders. And he liked to imagine the look on her face when she opened her work to see it all filled out — oh, Ravi, you're my hero, just, thank you! — he laughed softly to himself as he finished off the last math problem.

Truthfully, Ravi was glad that he and Pip had her house to themselves for the next few days. Sure, he had hoped to spend some of their time in this bed differently — if, and only if Pip had the same ideas — but this, somehow, was better.

Spending the time to take care of his girlfriend was something more pleasant than sex could ever be. Wholesomeness was eternally something Ravi could be more grateful for.

At some point, Pip had rolled back onto her other side, arms draped over Ravi's abdomen, and she clutched him like a lifeline.

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open, and she stared up at him.

Her mouth opened for a moment, expecting words to come out, but rather her eyes widened and she threw herself onto her other side, leaning over her bed and vomiting into the trash can.

"Oh, baby," Ravi said with a slight tremor to his voice. He bundled her hair into a ponytail and held it away from her face, rubbing her back as she got sick. "My poor girl." He mumbled, trailing his fingers down her back.

When she sat up, she did it slowly and weakly, coughing and wiping her mouth.

"I'll get you a rag." Ravi whispered, kissing her forehead as he slipped out of her bed, taking the trash can with him.

Pip groaned as Ravi cleaned out the bin and got a wet cloth for her. He put the trash can next to her bed and wiped her mouth with the rag, leaning down to kiss her.

She turned her face away from his. "You'll get sick."

"I'd be sick any day to be next to you, Pip."