To Be Rid and To Be Clean

part two of I Thought I Lost You
happy reading, loves!
( maybe i'll write a part three
if  you ask nicely 🤭 )

—————

And here she was, dead again.

This was how it would end, wasn't it?

The one place she should be safe, she wasn't.

She could fight it this time, though. Couldn't she?

As her head spun with questions, she thrashed against those arms that carried her down the stairs.

She pushed out with her legs, swinging back against his knees.

And she was free again; his knees buckling under him, losing his grip as she slipped free.

She tumbled down the stairs, bracing herself for the bruises that would come later.

For now, she had to hide.

An anger was festering in her chest and in her throat, the world an angry red around her as she heard him grunt, tumbling down the stairs after her.

He shouted as she ran into the kitchen, a sound drowned out by the static in her ears.

She didn't have to be scared or quiet anymore. She could be violent and angry. She could get her revenge today.

Jason Bell had chosen the wrong girl to hurt. Because Pip, she had been bottling up this rage and anger for months, and letting it free would give her clarity. She could hurt him, and she could get in trouble, but it wouldn't matter. Not right now.

Pip opened the kitchen window and let out an unruly scream, telling the world two things.

She was angry, but she needed help.

It clicked with her that, hey, that car driving down the street was Ravi's. Jason Bell didn't know Ravi's schedule, Pip did.

Jason Bell had seen an empty driveway, he had taken that and made it his.

But Pip had knowledge, and a strong boyfriend driving home.

Jason Bell didn't have that.

God, what an idiot.

Pip laughed to herself, a sinister laugh, whipping her head around as Jason ran into the kitchen, charging at Pip.

Only, she charged first.

He was on the floor before he had the chance to touch her.

Her fists were meeting his teeth before he had a chance to react.

"Fuck you!" She screamed at him, pulling his hair from his scalp, voice still raw from barely being used.

"Fuck you!" She screamed again, louder as her knuckles bruised against his face. "I hate you!"

Another punch; an uppercut to his chin this time. "You're a fucking monster, and I would kill you if I wanted to!"

He tried to speak, but she wouldn't let him. He tried to fight, but she was stronger, somehow. Maybe it was the adrenaline, maybe it was from the running.

But she was stronger, and now Jason Bell was tasting the death that she had tasted one month ago.

"You're -" another punch. "A fucking -" another punch, harder. "Murderer!" Another punch, putting all her strength into this one, angry red bleeding between his teeth, angry red bleeding onto her fists.