New Year's Day

happy new year('s eve)!
i love you all so dearly
thank you for all of the support this year
see you next year!
xoxo , izzie 🫶🏻

—————

There's glitter on the floor after the party

The countdown to New Year's Day was still ringing through Pip's ears two hours later.

Somewhere between high school and college, things must've changed drastically, she realized.

In her senior year of high school, she would've rather sit on her couch and read a book with the ball-drop playing faintly on the TV. But now, in her senior year of college, she found celebrating at a more-or-less fancy party with her dearest friends and the love of her life much more exhilarating.

She loved these parties — the music, the gentle company, the... well, yes, the martinis as well, and actually having a chance to be overdressed for once. A new silver dress hugging her figure and matching her shoes, her jewelry, and her eyeshadow.

Technically, she was matching with Cara. Two it girls, spinning blurs of silver and gold. The confident part of Pip's mind told her that everyone wanted to be them. The sane part of her mind told her that that was outrageous.

But the part of her mind that was so deeply in love told her she needed to find her boyfriend.

"Hey," she said to Cara, watching a group of people make for the elevator. "I'm going to go find Ravi."

"Good idea — I need to find Steph, anyway. Do me a favor and get our coats, too?"

"Sure thing, Care-Bear." Pip grinned, squeezing her best friends hand before departing to find her way through the crowd.

She figured Ravi couldn't be far — and knowing Ravi, he was either in the bathroom or having a conversation with a stranger.

That was something she liked about Ravi — he was so friendly. Even after all he'd been through, his heart was still filled to the brim with kindness.

Of course, Pip was right. She knew Ravi, maybe better than anyone else did, because there he was: chatting it up with a stranger.

"Hey," she said softly, her hand on his arm. "Excuse us for a moment?"

The man Ravi was talking to nodded and turned away, and it felt nice to have Ravi's full attention.

"We're thinking of leaving soon, are you ready?"

"Yeah, sure," he said, leaning close and pressing a kiss to her glossed lips. He ran a hand through her shining hair, coated in a silver glitter spray. "You look so pretty tonight, Sarge." He whispered, his forehead against hers.

"Thank you, love," she replied, her fingers tangling with his.

Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby

After Pip and Ravi had retrieved the groups coats and met everyone in the center of the living room, the girls pulled their high-heels off and linked arms, making for the elevator.

Pip pressed a silver-painted nail against the button and rested her head on Ravi's shoulder. He slinked his arm around her hip and pulled her closer, ever grateful to be spending his New Year's with her. Sure, with her friends, too, but mostly with her.