Welcome To The World

part three of I Really Do Need You Now !
i hope you enjoy ! ! ( + sorry for the delay ! )
🫶
—————

"I've had dreams about you. About us." She spoke tenderly, running a hand over her stomach.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, voice soft, matching hers.

She shivered; there was something hiding in his voice. Something more sultry, maybe. A pale blush coated her cheeks.

"A few times," she whispered.

"That's cute." He told her, a smirk on his full lips.

"You're cute." She told him, and at that, he pulled her from where she lay next to him, letting her settle herself onto his lap as he pressed her lips to hers.

They stayed like that for a moment, their lips against each other, soft and sweet as he pressed her closer.

"Careful," she warned gently. "The baby."

"Pip, you're barely one month along. Baby will be okay if we kiss a little."

She giggled, smiling down at him. "Okay, okay."

And again, their lips together, sweet and soft.

She pulled away, though, breathing deep and smiling down at him again.

She crawled back into her spot in bed, fingering through his hair gently, watching him as he watched her.

"I can't believe it," he said after a moment of silence, his hands tentatively pressing to her exposed stomach, roaming it gently. "We're having a baby, Pip,"

She nodded, looking down at his hands, tears prickling her eyes. "I can't believe it, either. It's sort of unreal." She took a deep breath, and he watched her stomach rise and fall. "Ravi, are you about to talk to my stomach?"

"Psh, no? Why would I do that?"

"Because you have that Oh my god, I'm going to be a dad look in your eyes."

He laughed softly, looking back to her stomach and pressing a gentle kiss to it. "Hey, there,"

"Stop talking to my stomach."

"I'm talking to the baby."

"Ravi, hon, the baby is the size of a poppyseed. We're closed; come again soon!" She said with a soft laugh, sitting up.

He sat up with her, watching her stand up and grab her sweater off her desk chair, pulling it over her head.

She walked to the door from there, looking over her shoulder at Ravi. "Come on, we're going downstairs."

"Okay, sure," he said, standing quickly and following her down the stairs.

"I can't believe I'm graduating tomorrow," she mumbled, looking up at him. "I mean, I'm sort of glad, though. That way, the whole school doesn't have to watch me turn into a planet."

"Did you watch Juno again? You only refer to yourself as a planet after you've watched Juno."

"Yes, because it's an amazing movie, Ravi. Live with it, doll-face."

"Okay, so you're just picking up things from characters, now. Don't act like I haven't watched all of Gilmore Girls with you; I know a reference when I hear one."

She turned to him with a smile, loving and wide, and paused him for a quick kiss.

"Let's go to Starbucks."

Ravi laughed, but agreed nevertheless, taking her hand as they slipped out the front door and into the early summer morning.