3. Caelum

Following Caelum's instincts the group soon reached Rhode Island. When Caelum asked to stop the car and got down. Sniffing the air Nox and Caelum were stunned.

Mate

It was impossible yet they both knew it. It was the undeniable scent of their mate. They found their mate!

And she was somewhere near!

Sensing his Alpha's state, Lyrus asked what was wrong.

"Mate", Caelum's reply was just more than a whisper but both the wolves heard it. They were just as stunned as Caelum.

"Are you sure, Your Majesty?", Robert asked.

"I know the scent of my mate", growled Caelum. Annoyed at his subject's question. It was impossible for a wolf to be mistaken about this.

The air shifted and the pressure around them increased. Robert instantly fell to his knees, while Lyrus bared his neck in submission.

Just as Caelum was about to run towards his mate, Lyrus reminded, "Let's take the car, we are in Lyudi".

Caelum snorted but complied and got into the car. As Robert started driving, Caelum growled, "Drive faster!".

Nox and Caelum couldn't wait a second longer, their whole body, every single cell in their body was buzzing. They wanted to reach their mate immediately. If they were in Valknaem, they would have reached her in seconds.

Though Caelum has always hated the traffic, he never hated it as much. Throughout the ride, Nox kept growling, unable to understand why they were using the metal cage to travel at such slow speed.

He was already at his limit when they reached a Café following his instincts.

Blue hill café was aesthetic. It was decorated as if it was located on a small hill. The walls were dark wood and there was a wall of old books. Everything seemed peaceful and calm in the café.

Caelum who couldn't wait at all, didn't move after getting off the car. He seemed rooted to the ground. He was afraid. Afraid that after waiting for so many centuries, if it was false hope and if he was just imagining it. If so, he really wouldn't be able to take the blow.

But Nox pushed him. Nox wasn't human and he didn't have human insecurities. All he knew was that his mate mate was just beyond that door. He wanted to rush and kiss his mate senseless before marking her and taking her to his kingdom. And they would live there together forever. They would fight battles together, govern together, raise pups together. He didn't want to be separated from her for even a second.

The scent was stronger here and he could identify the sweet strawberry smell easily. It was intoxicating. Nox loved it.

Impatiently he urged Caelum to go inside. The door bell rang when Caelum opened the door. He spotted her instantly.

She was beautiful. Breathtaking. Ethereal. So stunning, he again couldn't move.

She was sitting at one of the tables with a laptop and some books. She was typing very quickly. A little frown on her face whenever she paused. Her dark brown hair covered her face yet she seemed unbothered by it and continued typing rapidly. Paying no attention to her surroundings.

Caelum also noticed how small she was. Like a child barely over five feet. Just as he was about to approach her Lyrus caught his arm. Caelum was about to growl annoyed at being stopped from letting his beautiful mate.

"She's human", Lyrus instantly noticed that. Unlike Caelum who was absorbed in his mate. Lyrus quickly assessed the little human. The first thing he noticed was that she wasn't a wolf.