5. Vivian

Vivian was seated at a cozy corner table in the cafeteria, affording her a view of the lush green grass outside and some distance from the bustling crowd. She really liked this spot.

Joining her at the table were her close friends: Sam, Clark, Levi, Brandon, Shea, Joy, Alex, Mark and Noah.

Clark, Levi, Brandon, Shea, and Joy were fellow Computer Science students, while Alex and Mark studied Architecture. Sam and Noah pursued Fashion Technology and Law, respectively. Despite having met at different points, they had grown to be bosom friends. Shea and Alex were even dating for more than an year.

Vivian loved her friends. Despite their occasional chaotic moments, they were still adorable.

For instance, Alex was caught red-handed stealing fries from Noah's plate, with Noah trying to shield his food while simultaneously attempting to swipe Alex's soda. In the end, Joy got doused in the soda, prompting peals of laughter from everyone.

Joy was always caught between when Alex and Noah fought.

The trio had an amazing friendship, even Vivian envied how casual and cool they were. Joy especially, according to Vivian, she had never seen him angry or even sad. He always had an easy going smile on his face.

As they finished their meal, Vivian checked her phone and saw a message from her professor about an upcoming exam. She groaned, knowing that she had a lot of studying to do.

But as she looked around at her friends, she felt grateful for their presence in her life. They always managed to make her laugh and forget about her worries, even if it was just for a little while.

"I don't know what I would do without you guys," she said, smiling at each of them.

"Same here, Viv," Clark replied, raising his fist for a fist bump. The rest of the group followed suit, and they all shared a moment of camaraderie.

"So who's coming to the library with me?", Vivian asked.

"I knew it! Whenever you say something sentimental, you ask about coming to the library," Levi laughed.

"Hey that's not true!", Vivian blushed a little but immediately protested.

"I'm up for it." Noah said, "I have to complete an assignment."

Alex snickered, "Of course, you do."

Noah punched him and grabbed Vivian's bag.

"Such gentleman," Levi followed up with the teasing.

Everyone dispersed.

Vivian and Noah went to the library, as it wasn't that far they walked there. As they walked they talked about music. Swapped recommendations for new artists or songs to check out. It was their thing. They had similar taste in music and often enjoyed each other's new recommendations.

They soon reached the library and spent the rest of the evening studying. Sometimes in between they would trade earphones and listen to the other's music. Vivian was quite satisfied with the study session as she felt like she completed a lot. Which meant that she could go out with Vincent without worrying about the upcoming test on Monday.

Around 8 o'clock they decided to have dinner together at the near by Chinese restaurant. Out of everyone only Noah and Joy shared her love for spicy food. Levi could take medium level but the others hated it.