7. Caelum

Caelum picked up his phone and sent a text to his mate.

I'll be there in 20 minutes

Caelum and Vivian had officially been dating for a week, although Caelum scoffed at the word "dating". It seemed too flimsy to him, given the sacred bond he shared with Vivian. But for now, he had to be content with just dating her.

Despite taking things slow and Vivian's busy schedule, Caelum felt that she really liked him. He hoped that by the end of the year, she would come with him to Valknaem. After all, since he had found his mate, he had indefinitely postponed his return to Valknaem. As a long-established king, he was confident that the kingdom could function without him for a few months. His mate was his top priority now. But he had to return sooner or later.

He made sure to keep in regular contact with his Royal gamma, Kraus. Kraus was the third in command and would rule over the kingdom along with the council in Caelum and Lyrus's absence. Although most of the council members were stubborn and pedantic, they were loyal to Caelum and the kingdom, so he wasn't too worried about them.

However, he was now concerned about meeting Vivian's friends. He had realized that they were important to her, and their opinions mattered to her. Luckily, three wolves were in her circle and would provide their unwavering support.

After speaking with Clark, he had learned that Noah could be a problem. The thought of someone eyeing his mate made him furious, and Nox wanted nothing more than to rip him apart. It took him several hours to calm down, but he understood that he couldn't kill the human boy. At least not just yet.

Caelum tried to put the issue with Noah aside and focus on his relationship with Vivian. He knew that he couldn't let his anger get the best of him and ruin what he had with her. He resolved to be patient and work on building a strong foundation for their relationship.

He got dressed in a white tee shirt and jeans, then made his way to Vivian's university where he would be meeting some of her friends. He had met Sam previously, when he first met Vivian and later again when he went to pick her up, and he could tell that she quite approved of him.

Caelum understood that humans were indecisive creatures and often sought validation from those closest to them. So, he would try his best to make sure that Vivian's friends also liked him.

When he reached the university, he immediately knew where his mate was. He could smell her intoxicating scent. But he sent her a text asking for her location, not wanting to surprise her. After learning that she was at the student lounge, he made his way there.

As he entered the student lounge, he saw Vivian sitting at a table with two other girls and four boys. Vivian noticed him and smiled, standing up to greet him with a hug.

"Hey, you made it!" she said, her eyes shining with happiness.

Caelum felt a surge of warmth in his chest at the sight of her. He hugged her tightly, inhaling her sweet scent. He then turned to her friends and introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Vincent, Vivian's boyfriend," he said, smiling warmly.

All of them looked at him curiously, taking in his tall figure, sharp features, and piercing blue eyes. Caelum knew that his appearance was intimidating to humans, but he tried to relax and appear friendly.

Everyone introduced themselves as well. Sam, Shea were the two girls and the guys were Levi, Alex, Brandon and Clark.

And Shea and Alex were mated wolves and Clark was also his 'cousin'.

After a brief conversation, they all sat down together and started chatting. Caelum tried his best to be engaging, asking them about their studies and interests, and sharing some stories from his work. He realized the wolves were abnormally respectful and wouldn't talk unless asked a question.