1. Vivian

Vivian sat in her cramped dorm, staring blankly at the computer screen in front of her, wondering why she had chosen Computer Science as her major. The words on the screen made no sense to her at all. She had so many options, but she just had to choose Computer Science.

Vivian had an assignment due at 9 AM the next day, but it had felt like an impossible task. If it had been a typical day, she would have been sleeping at that time. However, her Cryptography and Network Security professor had had other plans. Vivian could barely recall the specifics of the Diffie-Hellman key exchange and ElGamal Cryptography, yet she had been expected to code it.

Vivian felt the pressure building as the deadline had approached. She wanted to get this done quickly so she could go out!

She knew she needed to push through and finish the assignment, but she felt tired. With a sigh, she had closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind. She liked her perfect 4.0 GPA and she wanted to go for for the party, so she had to complete it soon. Hence, Vivian opened her eyes and started typing away, determined to finish the assignment on time.

Finally, after hours of coding and testing, she finished the assignment. It was surprisingly only around 1AM. She had collapsed onto her bed, exhausted but relieved.

As if suddenly remembering something, Vivian jumped up from her desk and grabbed her phone to call her roommate and close friend, Sam.

"Hey Sam, is the party still going on?" she had asked.

"Duh, it's barely 1 AM. The night just started. Are you coming?" Sam had replied. "If you are, Levi is on his way. I can ask him to pick you up."

"Sure, that would be great. See you soon," Vivian had responded before ending the call.

Vivian had quickly rummaged through her closet to find something to wear. Despite being a college sophomore, she was still excited about going to parties, but she no longer felt the need to dress up for every occasion. She had settled on a black ribbed crop top and shorts, a casual yet stylish choice.

As she was about to change into her outfit, her phone pinged with a message from Levi. "I'll be there in 10 mins," it read.

Vivian hurried to change into her clothes and put on a pair of white sneakers. Her skin looked great, so she had simply washed it and applied moisturizer before grabbing her keys and heading downstairs.

When she reached the parking lot, she saw Levi's black Toyota pulling up, so she quickly jumped into the passenger seat.

"Hey Levi, I'm surprised you're so late to the party," Vivian said with a smile.

"Yeah, I had some stuff to take care of," Levi had responded, returning the smile.

Vivian and Levi had been friends since their freshman year, they had known each other quite well. So when Levi had said, "Were you doing the extra assignment for Crypto class?"

Vivian sheepishly smiled, Levi chuckled and said, "How you kept up with Mr. Stone's assignments is beyond me. He was a nightmare when I had him last year. I barely managed to get a C grade."

"It's all thanks to my amazing genes. Moreover, I find my perfect GPA very attractive, so I try my best to keep it that way." She grinned back.

"Little genius, be careful with your words, you make it easy for people to hate you." He laughed. Most of their friends called her Little genius. This was because she started Uni at 16 and aced every subject she took.

While Vivian seemed like a geek, she was a gregarious person. She made friends quickly using her wit and humor, and most people found her a delight to hang out with. She was smart, sweet and beautiful. So it wasn't a surprise that she was quite popular though she was two years younger than her peers.

When Vivian was in her freshman year, she claimed her 5.2 feet was because of her young age but even two years later she barely reached 5.3. She had a petite frame and pale complexion which made limpid dark brown eyes stand out. Her chocolate brown hair was silky, smooth and long. Almost every one of her friends loved messing it up. And Levi did just that, he reached and messed up her already messy hair and started the car. Quickly shoving his hands away Vivian fixed her hair.

It's Drake and Trip's party. Vivian wasn't  really close to them, but she did a project with the twins an year ago, and since then they would always invite her to their parties. Which she would have to sneak into otherwise. After all, she wasn't 18 back then, and though most people didn't know that, quite a few did. So she always kept her alcohol to a minimum, maybe one shot or two. Okay, this wasn't only because of her age, she just didn't like the taste. But she liked dancing when she was tipsy, so she usually drank one shot.

They heard the music before they even reached the twins' place. Loud music was blasting through the house. Vivian soon recognized it as a song by The Weekend. She quickly jumped out of the car and pulled Levi inside the house. While walking, she quickly sent a text to Sam asking her to meet them at the entrance.

Just as they entered Vivian saw Sam with two drinks in her hands. Grinning she chugged one down, and they went inside to find their other friends. Sipping his drink Levi followed behind the girls. Let the night begin.