11. Vivian

Vivian turned her head towards the door when she heard the door bell ring. Caelum who had just finished eating slowly got up from the sofa and said, "It's Lyrus, he is my friend and colleague. He is here to drop off a document. I'll introduce him to you, you will definitely like him."

"Your friend is here now? But I look homeless, I can't meet him like this!"

"You look lovely, don't worry about it."

Before Vivian could reply, Caelum went to open the door. Vivian shot him a glare and tried to hastily fix her hair.

As the door opened, Vivian's attention was drawn to Lyrus's height. He was almost as tall as Vincent, she mused. What did they feed him growing up? If she had some of that, would she have been taller too? Perhaps she could have reached 5'9 or even 5'10...

Caelum wrapped his arm around her waist and brought her out of her dreams, as he introduced each other. Lyrus appeared genuinely enthusiastic and stepped forward to greet her, saying, "Vivian, you look beautiful. Vincent has told me wonderful things about you."

Vivian blushed, replying, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

After greeting him, Vivian felt awkward not knowing what to say or do. So she turned to Vincent.

Caelum grinned at his little mate and said, "Lyrus deals with the R&D department, he would know more than me about the questions you ask."

He immediately regretted his words as he noticed Vivian's eyes widen with fascination. He didn't like seeing her look at another man like that. Sullenly, Caelum watched as she moved out of his embrace and began discussing the new levitation research paper released by the company. This technology aimed to enable vehicles to utilize magnetic fields for high-speed travel, particularly on water routes.

While not as impressive as the sonic flights, this was aimed at commercial transportation on water. With this technology, a trip from Beijing, China to New York, USA on the ocean would only take 2-3 days at most. Whether for passenger or freight purposes, this technology would reduce overall costs by more than a 200%.

Although this was not her field, Vivian was quite interested in this research. She talked to Caelum about it before but he barely knew any details. In contrast, Lyrus, despite not being a researcher himself, possessed a wealth of information due to his role in guiding the department's direction. Vivian couldn't contain her excitement, peppering Lyrus with questions one after another. Overwhelmed by the attention from his Luna, Lyrus eagerly shared everything he knew, momentarily forgetting about any confidentiality clauses.

Not that Caelum, the chairman, cared. Both of them regarded Vivian as family, and Indris also belonged to Vivian as she was Caelum's mate. It was just that she didn't know it yet. So Lyrus was very carefree with all the information he shared. Making Vivian completely immersed in the topic.

Completely forgetting the initial awkwardness, Vivian engaged in conversation with Lyrus for more than half an hour before Caelum intervened.

"Lyrus has other duties; you can meet him again later. When we have the chance, I'll introduce you to Cane. He's also knowledgeable about these technologies."

"Ohh, okay..." Vivian felt a twinge of disappointment at Caelum's words. "Wait, do you mean Cane Wellington?! The CEO of Indris?!?"

"Or would you like to meet Albert? He's the CTO of the company and CEO of Indris Technologies," Caelum chuckled at her surprise.

"Albert?! Albert Lebedev?!!"

"Yes, I'd love to meet him. Do you know him? How do you know him? Do you see him often? Do you work with him? Are you friends?"

"Asking so many questions, makes me feel like you like him more than you like me." Caelum teased, although he tried to make it seem frivolous, a hint of darkness seemed to pass through his voice. Daring Vivian to say that the weak scientist was more important, if she did, then it could be considered that Albert's young life on earth was over.

Vivian smiled sheepishly, "You are definitely my favourite but I grew up admiring Dr. Lebedev. Also why are you acting jealous of a 60 year old?"

"Vivian, I'm a greedy person. I can not tolerate you even thinking about someone else for too long. I'm selfish and hope that your heart contains only me. You prefer only me, that your thoughts are all about me." Caelum for the first time revealed a tiny bit of his possessiveness. "Even looking at you, chattering so happily with Lyrus puts me on the edge, I regret introducing him to you, I regret not knowing about the levitation paper."

Vivian couldn't stop the giggle that came out. Even she was surprised at it. She hugged his waist and looked him in the eye.

"Why are you so adorable? How can someone be jealous of 60 year old man! He could be my grandfather! And Lyrus is your friend!"

This didn't make Caelum feel any better, after all he was much much older than 60. He wondered what she would think when he confessed his real age. Would she still stay with him. Caelum didn't allow himself to think further. He could not afford to think in that direction. He would loose control if he did.

He kissed her gently, then ferociously. As if this was the only way he could calm down. Finally, after more than 40 minutes, Vivian slowly whispered that she had to go back to the dorms.

Ignoring Nox' annoyed voice asking why he was letting her go, Caelum grabbed his keys to drop her back. Although Vivian said she could take the bus back, he never let her do it.

After bidding goodbye to Caelum, Vivian went to her dorm. Sam was on her phone typing furiously. She barely glanced at Vivian when she stepped in.

"What's wrong?", Vivian asked.

"That jerk! He broke up with me!", replied Sam, her voice slightly higher than usual due to her anger.

"Jack?"

"No, Brad! I was only talking to Jack. But Brad and I started dating two weeks ago." Her voice, slightly accusatory at Vivian for not keeping up with her life.

"How could Brad be so dumb to break up with you? Does he know that you are a goddess walking among humans. An angel from heaven sent to save mankind. How dare he?" Vivian hyped up Sam.

"Exactly!" Humped Sam.

"Totally his loss, do you want to get some ice cream?" Vivian asked. Knowing Sam wasn't very attached to Brad, she was just angry that he broke up.

So the two girls went to get ice cream. Chatting about this and that the whole way. Barely glancing at the time. Only when it was almost midnight, did Vivian suggest going back.

"I miss you", Sam said suddenly. "I'm genuinely happy for your relationship with Vincent but I miss our usual time together."

Vivian was stunned, realising that she really spent less time with her friends. Especially Sam, her roommate. With classes, coursework, Vincent, her internship prep, the time she spent with Sam had drastically reduced.

Sam was also very busy, she has always been an extrovert and hung out with lot of people. Moreover, she was also preparing for her internship which started next month.

All this made them both realise that they barely spent any time together this last month. Unlike in their first year. Back then they were joined at the hip even though Vivian was a few years younger.

"Do want to re-watch the Harry Potter series?" Vivian asked.

"Let's go to Target!" Sam grinned back.

Suddenly they both knew that everything was going to be okay.