}•{ Differences

~•} C H A P T E R |47 {•~

"The things she questioned about," Ruhanika answered with a tinge of fear growing in her heart

She knew this wasn't going to end up well for her.

"What the fuck," his voice held irritation and anger while she gulped hearing him curse.

It wasn't an everyday thing and now she knew she fucked up.

"I thought you were a good company to her, having a good impact but--" Yuvraj sighed before spitting more venomous words which he would regret later but not now. At the moment all he could feel was anger and frustration.

Ruhanika stilled, her dark eyes connected with his grey ones.

The calmness settled in her heart as she gazed at him with a void face and blank eyes. She held his stare till he could take no more and jerked away his head while pinching the bridge of his nose.

He said no more and she whispered not a single word, her calculative gaze didn't leave his face as she finally wavered away her stare with a cold sigh.

The atmosphere inside the room grew dense due to the heavy tension between them. Yuvraj glanced at her face to find her gazing blankly at the ceiling above, her face contoured in such a blank facade that it felt impossible to decipher what was going on in her mind which caught him off-guard.

The immature and puerile Ruhanika was nowhere in sight, however, she seemed like a completely different person at the moment.

The side of Ruhanika he recalled in the early phase of their marriage and front of his family.

It took her a lot of time to show her real side or probably it just took him long enough to discover the childish Ruhanika inside the mature one.

His train of thoughts ended as her eyes locked with his for the last time, her blank eyes narrating the depth of hurt his words probably carved within her.

His jaw clenched as the realization of his words dawned upon him but his lips remained sealed due to lack of words and she left the room without a single glance on his way.

Guilt crawled inside him as he gazed at the open door with a heavy heart.

His few incomplete words showed the volume of distrust marred inside him for her and their relationship.

While her silence screamed the depth of hurt he caused.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{