09. Sorry Means Nothing

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

I heaved in a deep breath, suppressing my sobs as I had trudged my way up to Levi's apartment, holding a hand to my mouth as I sped towards the familiar door. The flickering lights and dark corners gave me a weird sense of comfort. 

That was until everything seemed to cave right in front of me. I stopped moving, keeping my hand clasped against my mouth, as she stalked towards me. She was getting closer, and my body wasn't moving. I clutched my other hand around my phone, that was in the front pocket of my hoodie I had forgotten I was wearing. 

It was an old one of Colton's, but like he would care anymore. "What are you doing?" she seethed, making me take a step back. She wasn't walking well in the heels she was wearing, but it made no difference to her attitude towards me. It never had. 

"I-I'm-" my spluttering and muttering was enough to make her grab my hand away from my mouth, digging her nail like claws into the back of my hand. "You know, you were always a bad influence on my little sister. I can't believe you are still around" 

Isabella Hartley, the girlfriend to Levi's older brother, Oscar. Isabella, or as everyone knew her, Bella, was the best at everything she ever did. She held the high ground at school. That was until she found out her little sister, was hanging around with people like me. 

I was and still are am a nobody at school. The only people left out of the group I had sat with for years was Hazel and Levi. It was unfortunate that Bella's little sister, Fallon, sat with us, and at the time, Wyatt Blakley, who is the younger brother to Jake. 

When Bella and Olivia found out that Fallon had supposed feelings for Wyatt after she passed, Wyatt was sent to boarding school, on their father's commands. Wyatt had nothing to do with Fallon's feelings, or even what happened to her. Neither did I, or Hazel and Levi. 

None of us had a part to do with it, as we were all miles away from her at the time. I was with Levi, visiting his grandparents whom had somehow doted on me, and always wanted me to come with Levi and Oscar to visit. Sometimes, I wouldn't go, but on this occasion, I felt obliged to go. 

Hazel had gone out of town with her mother and little sister. Wyatt's older brother had booked a spontaneous trip for them over the holidays, so he too, was out of town. But too the Hartley's, we had everything to do with the accident that occurred to their dearest, darling sister Fallon. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved Fallon, but whenever she got talking about herself, it ruined the mood. I loved when she spoke though, allowing her to take control over the group. She had always been Hazel's friend; I met her through Hazel, which allowed the two of them too be closer than what we were with one another, but we were still friends, and always would of been. 

 It just so happened, that the day she was bringing something to my apartment that I had left at her house the weekend before, she was killed by an oncoming car on her way there, which was my fault, like everything else.