37. Same Old, Same Old

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

I had sat down about 10 minuets ago, exhausted from all the running around I had been doing with Caleb and Colton. Weird, I know, for me to be included whenever Colton was around Caleb, but things had actually changed for once, for the better I hoped. 

I wasn't the same little girl that they had once viewed as annoying and irritable, but I was the little girl that they actually could understand better, as we had all been through the same. I still did try to keep my distance from Colton, after the show that he had pulled at Caleb's game the other week, but he was my brother after all. 

He wasn't the ones that were arguing inside for the past two hours, hence why I had been pulled out of the safety of my covers. I had been too scared to walk back into the house, let alone even walk past the kitchen, afraid for it all to happen over and over again. I was so scared of it all still, that knowing some of my brothers could posses the same as my parents scared me shitless. 

Hearing something being thrown and then clattering on the ground, made me cover my ears with my hands and hunch my shoulders forward, as if something had been thrown at me. "What the fuck was that for?! Asse hole!" someone screamed from inside, and I immediately moved my cold, frigid body a step down, and away from the screaming. 

"Clara, come here!" shock overtook the fear that had filled my body at the person that had called me over. Standing up on shaky legs, I made my way over to Colton as quickly as I could, and to get away from the shouting. As much as I hadn't been wanting to be sitting on the steps near the shouting, I had thought that it would be best that I stayed away from Colton and Caleb, giving them some time together. 

"What are you doing?" immediate panic filled my body when Colton pulled me into his arms, and positioned me in front of him, before a football was placed in my hands. I had no idea what I was doing and most definietly did not want to make a fool of myself in front of Colton. It was Colton for God sake! 

Growing up, Colton had been one of the ones that wanted nothing to do with me, and occasionally Caleb, because we were so little, or at least I was. He wanted to show off to the older ones that he was just as bad and could rebel against rules just like they could. He had been distant from me for a while, or for at least most of my childhood. 

So, standing here with his arms draped over my shoulders, was something that I thought would never happen, coming from Colton of all people. The same boy that had wanted to be a little Elias, with his form of protection being a leather jacket. That was who Colton was to me, as I was just an outsider to who he truly was. 

"We are teaching you how to play football" at that, I was quick to rebut him by saying "but Caleb and Kaiden taught me how..." he shushed me, as he moved a step back, positioning the ball properly in my hands, before he was saying words that were going to be meaningless to me in a few hours, when I was holed back up in my room, away from the frigid cold of San Diego.