13. Then to Now

| Third Person POV |

Flashback ~ 11 years ago

"Grey!" a little girl squealed, noticing the front door open, as she ran away from her older brother and towards the one that had just come through the door. She slid down the hallway in her socks, as her arms were open for a hug. 

He knelt down, letting his bag fall from his shoulder, as she sped towards him, falling into his arms, as he picked her up and spun her around, holding her head close to his shoulder as he bit back the tears he knew would fall down his cheeks. 

"Missed you" she muttered, as he just kept his nose in her hair, humming as a response. "Clara, you need to go-" Kenzie rounded the corner, a half read picture book in her hand, as some of the papers in the book were dangerously close to falling out. 

"I'll take it from here" Grey responded to his little sister, knowing just how much Clara didn't enjoy spending time with her older sister. She nodded, before tilting her head back, as she stormed off to the bedroom. 

The two sisters used to be inseparable when Clara was born; Mackenzie had always wanted a little sister in the midst of all the boys. There was a 10 year age gap, so as time went on, the further they drew apart from sitting in front of their mother's mirror, putting lipstick on each other's mouths, as they kissed each other's cheeks,  before running to put on whatever there mother never wore at the time. 

But now, Kenzie always saw it as a chore to do anything with her little 4 year old sister, which made Clara dread anything she did with Kenzie. Kenzie was the one that made them drift, but she would never admit that. She never took the blame for anything she did to Clara. 

Their mother had always had a problem with Clara, as she had only ever wanted one daughter, but her husband had always dreamed of being part of a large family, as he had lost his older brother in a fire when he was younger, so he was treated as an only child. This only fueled the treatment he gave to his kids, but Clara had had a soft spot in his heart for about 4 years. 

The two of them would spend hours in the early morning, reading the previous mornings paper, but now, he could care less about that little girl, who would later forget that ever happened cause she was so traumatized by her father. 

"Come on munchkin" Grey murmured, as the little girl was trying so hard not to fall asleep right then and there on his shoulder. Just as Grey was walking down the hallway, the front door opened again, as he turned to see someone. His baby sister perked up in his arms at the sight of this person. 

"Ron!" the little girl shouted, as she watched her second eldest brother enter the apartment, his eyes covered with the cap that he was wearing. "Shh, Clar" Greyson chuckled as the small girl that was wriggling in his arms. 

He placed her down as she ran towards her brother, unaware of the figure standing behind him. "Hey Ara" Cameron bent down, making the small girl stand in between his legs, as she ran her fingers along his freckles that faintly doted his cheeks and nose. She was so entranced, she didn't notice Cameron's fingers sliding under her jumper, ready to tickle her.