11. Somewhere You Know, But I Don't

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

Taking one more swift look around the apartment, as I dragged my hands along the walls I had always known. I hesitated when I reached the door I hadn't been forced into for 2 years now, pressing my forehead against it, at first. 

I finally push it open after a moment, taking one last look at the small room I used to hide in to get away from it; to get away from my own parents. To just get away from the comparing and life that I lived. "Clara? You ready?" a voice questioned, quietly, like I would lash out. I had lost all anger that I had for them. 

I was more mopey than before, just wanting to lay down and sleep for days on end. "Yeah" I muttered, swallowing the lump that had resided in my throat. Kaiden wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and directed me away from the room that had saved me too many times. 

I leant against him, as he rubbed a hand up and down my arm. I didn't know where I was going after I was in the car, all I knew was that I would be leaving San Francisco; the place I had called home for 15 years now. 

As we stepped out of the apartment, I was met with Auston standing there, locking the door behind us as we walked around the stairs, then walked down them as Auston was following. It felt weird, finally being loved by my brothers for once. Apparently, Kenzie couldn't make it, but she would be meeting us in San Diego. She was one of the last people that I wanted to see. 

"Marilyn" I murmured when we made it to the bottom of the stairs, as I left Kaiden's hold to give the woman a hug. "See you, sweetheart" she squeezed me tightly, before pulling apart to place a kiss on my forehead. I smiled, before giving her a kiss on the cheek, as she squeezed my hands. 

"Where is she?" a worried voice questioned, as I finally fully let go of Marilyn, and turned to my best friends. I ran to Hazel, hugging her tightly, before I pulled Levi in for a hug. "I'm gonna miss you" Hazel murmured, as I wiped the tears from under her eyes, right before I was pulled into a separate hug with Levi. 

"Your doing the right thing, like always" he murmured in my ear, as he held me so tightly that I couldn't even wrap my arms around him to hug him. He gave me a final squeeze, as someone coughed. We pulled apart as I walked outside, to see the rest of my brothers. Auston and Kaiden followed suit, as I was unsure of what Levi and Hazel were doing, probably talking to Marilyn. 

I didn't question why Levi thought I was doing the right thing, like I always did, when I was sure that half the time I was doing something wrong and that I would get in trouble for it, before realizing that these days, my parents never saw me and I never saw them. 

"Who do you want to be stuck with for the next 7 hours?" Elias questioned, putting his hands in his leather jacket. There was only three vehicles, which didn't allow us to spread out too much. 

I immediately noticed Auston's car out of the trio. The dark black Mercedes instantly caught my attention. He had always had a love for his cars, and I always remember he would talk to me about this car, until I would fall asleep.