31. Bonding

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

Pancakes were finished right as the boys decided to all make their appearance. Food attracts the boys, trust me, I would know. Taking a seat at the dining table for what felt like was the first time, as we were all sat together. Someone was missing though, and I knew that everyone knew who it was. 

He was off doing his job, the same job that he had always talked about, as he had always wanted to protect everybody that he could. There was not one single soul that he didn't want to protect out there, and that was what he was doing, instead of being here, enjoying breakfast. He was doing a job so that we could sit here and thank him for it. 

He was just like Auston in a way, as Auston wanted to save peoples lives by making them get better, while Greyson wanted to protect those lives. I wasn't so sure what Cam did, as I knew Ethan would be going back to his travelling job, and Carter would be working at the restaurant. The routine we were supposed to have between the two of us had not been discussed in the past three, almost 4, weeks that I had been home since that incident, crying on my own.

"So, what are we doing today?" Kaiden questioned, as he stuffed his face with the pancakes that Auston and I had made. Back then, it used to be mainly him, as I would struggle to much so I would sit and watch him, but as I grew older, I got the chance to do it more, before it was just me making them in the kitchen. 

They were always a crowd favorite. "I have a football game tonight" Caleb muttered, so quietly, that I almost missed it, even though he was sitting across from me. "Then we are going" Auston responded, as I saw confusion flash through some of the boys faces that were further away from where Caleb and I were sitting. 

"Who are you playing?" I questioned, keeping it louder so that the others would hopefully catch on, but they have thick skulls, so its questionable. "Penn state" I had heard about them. They were supposed to be aggressive. I just had to think of the best, for my older brother, knowing that he would do great, and that I would get to see him play for the first time. 

"Do you need any extra practice before the game?" Kaiden questioned, which was almost like a suggestion. Maybe one day, he could teach me. I knew he had always wanted to, but I was always too small and he would hate it if he was the cause of hurting me. He had told me so, even as I had begged him and added puppy eyes, that always convinced my brothers when I was little girl. 

"Yeah maybe" Caleb muttered, and for some reason, his darkened mood concerned me. It was like there was a dark, grey cloud hanging over him and no one else in the room. Something wasn't right. "Could you teach me?" I questioned, trying to brighten his mood. I crossed my fingers, as I wanted to bond with my brothers in some way. 

Looking up at me for once, Caleb's eyes finally brightened with the rest of his face. It was almost like the dark grey cloud I had seen a second ago, had now disappeared. Who would have thought that 4 words that left my mouth could do such a big change in someone's mood, like Caleb's?  I didn't think that it could happen that fast.