27. Wyatt Blakely's Story

| Third Person POV| 

| Third Person POV| 

Wyatt Blakely had always looked up to his two older brothers. That was all he really had, in the world that he lived in. His father was absent, and his mother was always working or on drugs, never being around to raise her younger two sons, only around to raise her first child. She had left everything up to her eldest son by the time the second one came along.

That was one of the reasons why he loved his eldest brother so much. He admired the hard work that he put in just so Wyatt could be the person he was. He knew his brother tried to hard to give him the father figure that he knew he would never have, as his parents were only married long enough to have two children. 

By the time Wyatt was born, his parents had already been arguing for two years, and divorce papers were becoming a real thing. Wyatt had only been 2 months old when his father disappeared and never came back. He didn't know why, but as he grew older, he knew deep down, that he was the cause of his father running away. He felt it in everything he did. 

There was always the odd time when his mother would be so drunk of her asse that she would try and make it up to Wyatt by giving him a kiss on the cheek and giving him a hug while he stood there stoically, unsure of what to do. He had grown up without love from his mother, and when she rarely gave it to him, he didn't know what to do. It eventually led to when his friends gave him hugs, he wouldn't reciprocate all because he didn't know how to. He was lost. 

When he was old enough, his brothers allowed him to play with them in the backyard, tossing around a football. He immediately felt a connection with the sport, but almost regretted it when he tried out for the high school team a couple of years later. All of the coaches at the local state high school remembered him as the son of James Blakely. 

Everything he did, he would always hear someone whisper that he was exactly like his father. Wyatt had no idea what his father was like, never having met him, but he never told anyone. No one was to know that most days, he was coming home from school to an empty, run down house. He was only glad that he had a house. 

Even if the front door could easily be kicked down or that he shared a bed with his older brother Jake for most of his life, as the house only had two bedrooms, before his older brother took over their mother's room, as she took over the living room with her drugs and the rest of her shit. 

Wyatt had always learnt to keep his mouth shut and never tell anyone about their situation. Whenever family trees in middle school came up, he always said that he had a mother and father, and it was only him and his three older brothers. When people asked about uncles and aunties, he would lie and say that both his parents were only Childs. 

He said that his grandparents died when he had never met them. He always told people that he loved his mother and always said that his mother was proud of what he had brought home to him. He said his father was helping him was his math's work or that his father would spend hours with him in the backyard.