33. Deployment Surprise

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

It felt like, for the entirety of my brothers football game, my mind was racing from one thing to another. Whether it was the fact that I could see one of my dead best friends face in everything I looked at or to the argument that had ensured in the carpark, there was something constantly nagging at my thoughts. 

"We will go down when some people have started to clear out of the stands" Auston whispered from one side of me to my older sister and her boyfriend. I think he had realized that something had changed in me during the entirety of the game that I had been waiting to see, to seeing the boyfriend of my sister. 

I knew that they were together before we came, but it hadn't bothered me then. It hadn't bothered me until I had seen him, face to face. I think it was that I had forgotten just how much he had looked like Fallon and how much Fallon had looked like him, that I figured that I had truly forgotten her. 

I had forgotten the girl that had sat by my side as I had cried about something she had no clue about, but she had offered me some of her chocolate from home, after I had once told her that I had never had much of chocolate where I came from, and from then, she always made sure to check in on me and bring me some food from home. 

She had reminded me of Auston, and I had initially distanced myself from the girl that reminded me of the brother that I was missing at the time, before I decided she deserved a second chance, after her older sister, Bella, had blown my brother off and left him standing at a date that he had told me all about. 

They were young at the time, and they used to be in love, until I found out from Levi that Bella and Oscar were together, right after Bella had been with my brother. But Fallon was different, as was Ryland and Owen were. I saw there mother in them, rather than their father. I felt sorry for them, as they were always forgotten. 

"Auston, Ry and I are going to head to the diner early, so I am going to say my congratulations to Caleb now, if you want to come" I had been twiddling my fingers while my brain ran loose, before my sister was speaking about something. I looked up to Auston, who was staring down at someone, with something like a smile on his lips, but not his usual smile. 

"Sure" and with that, I was standing up, having nothing but the phone my brother had bought me as a replacement for the other one that stayed charged, but was under my pillow, as Auston once again, reached for the zipper of my jacket to make sure that it was still zipped up to my chin, not allowing for the cold breeze to nip at me. 

 Following after my sister and her boyfriend, I was a little envious at the love that they shared for each other. The way that their hands were wrapped in one another and they could so effortlessly converse about things, that it made me wonder, if anyone could love me like people love my older sister. The way I have seen Ryland look at my sister would be hard to replicate, and I wish I could have someone look at me like I am their entire world.