The Heedful Question

Time seemed to slip away effortlessly, with minutes stretching into hours and hours melting into days

Time seemed to slip away effortlessly, with minutes stretching into hours and hours melting into days. Days faded into years, and three long years had now gone by since she had last laid eyes on her beloved husband and eldest children. Night after night, she would gaze out the window, her heart aching with longing as she prayed for their return. She held onto the hope that one day, she would see them walking back to her, filling her arms with the love and warmth she had been missing for so long.

As the night settled in, she found herself once again seated by the window, a steaming cup of tea cradled in her hands. The familiar scent of the tea brought back memories of her husband's nightly ritual of enjoying a cup before bed. Taking a deep breath, she stirred the tea gently with a small teaspoon, the clinking sound echoing in the quiet room. A heavy sigh escaped her lips, a mix of longing and nostalgia washing over her as she waited in silent anticipation.

"My love!" she whispered into the darkness, her voice filled with longing and desperation.

"Others tell me to give up hope, to accept that you and our children may never return... to spare myself from heartbreak,"

"But every time I hear those words, I feel a surge of frustration and anger. What else am I supposed to do?"

"I refuse to accept this as my reality, as the future I am meant to live," she declared, her resolve unwavering despite the doubts and uncertainties that clouded her mind.

"Accepting a life without you and our babies by my side... I just can't fathom it," she murmured, her voice tinged with sorrow and disbelief.

"I refuse to believe that you all have left me alone in this world," she declared, her words filled with a mixture of pain and determination.

"Taehyung!" she called out into the night, her plea echoing into the darkness. "Please... if you're out there, give me a sign that you're still alive," she whispered, her gaze fixed on the shadows beyond the window.

In a moment of yearning and desperation, Jisoo reached for the necklace that had once belonged to her father, feeling its weight against her chest. The familiar trinket brought a sense of comfort and connection, a tangible reminder of the loved ones she held dear in her heart.

Taehyung had given her the pendant in the past, as a gesture of apology for not being able to save her father. Jisoo clutched the pendant tightly in her hand, her grip firm as she felt the weight of the pendant against her palm. A single tear traced a path down her cheek, a silent testament to the pain and sorrow that still resided within her heart. The pendant served as a bittersweet reminder of the past, a symbol of both love and loss that she held close to her chest, finding solace in its presence during moments of longing and despair.

"Jungkook insists that it's impossible for you to be alive and not return for me," her voice tinged with uncertainty and conflicting emotions.

"I don't know if I can bring myself to believe that you're out there, alive and well, yet chose not to search for me,"