Chapter 8: The challenge

I ended up waking to a loud knocking on my door. Though, even though I was now away, I most certainly didn't want to get out of my bed. You would think that the adventurer rooms would be mediocre. However, in my perspective, that is further than the truth. This bed is as, if not better, than the futon in my past life. And once you are draped with a warm blanket versus the colder room air, you just can't help but stay.

But as much as I wanted to stay, the knocking only progressed. It seemed that ignoring wasn't the answer to it. Though, yelling "I am not away, so shut up!!" definitely seems not right either (A bit less wrong than the former). Though, before I could answer, my door was kicked in through, the sheer force of it was enough to wedge it clean into the other side of the room,

As much as I thought it was going to be Sierra, it was none other than that rogue halfling instructor. What was her name.....ah, Beatrice. Anyways, that entrance was the least rogue thing I have seen from practically everyone. Maybe she could change. Well, given how high her level probably is, I am sure even a cleric could possibly do at least something similar. This only made me curious about my own strengths in the future.

"I have found you, Lumimi!!!" She cheered before walking towards me, jumping upon my bed, and standing practically on top of me as she stared at me down. Looking at her a bit more closely, I wouldn't think that she was a halfling. She looked about the same size as me, if not, just a few inches. It only made me ponder why he was called a halfling in the first place. "Lumiya, be my apprentice."

"Nope, sorry." I answered. "I already ended up getting the max amount of patrons for this." I lied. It wasn't that I didn't want to lie. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to worry too much about another teacher today. Maybe I would end up asking the mage instructor a thing or two, but other than that, I kinda would like some free time to repair a few things.

"Might I.....ask whom?" She asked if she could ask. Though the faint sharpness felt as if it was scrutinizing what could be a lie on my end.

"Oh, sure." I shrugged, now mainly awake by the sudden break-in, just lying down. " Mercemes Haku, Sierra....."

"Sierra..." Her expression became grave. "I bet she told you to call me a halfling."

"Oh, don't worry, she didn't mention you."

Apparently what I said became worse. "That is even worse...so, tell me, do you think I am halfling..."

That was the very thing I was debating on. Though, if what I said was halfing, it would only make things worse. "You an elf, right, same here."

"You are a nice girl. It is unfair to think Sierra got to you first." She glared before pulling up her sleeves looking at me with a demonic glint in her eyes. "I don't have any memory wiping spells, but perhaps a few hits on the head will do the trick.

As her fist now descended on me, I was half hoping to slither out, but no matter how I looked at it, there was no way. Not only was he in an awkward position, but that punch was far beyond the likes of even that goblin king. Imaging that very door breaking off and partially wedged into the wall, partially shattered, but my head, and it worried me.

I flinched as I heard a powerful collision that shook me to the very core. Though it wasn't that fist. Instead it was someone who appeared out of nowhere. They ended up doing a powerful midair kick, causing the likes of even Beatrice to be knocked away. The person, whom I presume to be a due, was a tall, and mainly built individual, who wore clothes that resembled a black gi, which is basically what attire martial art people train in. But, pairing that up with the mask that shrouds his face, and then we have a ninja.