Chapter 16: Position

As the "so called" dancer, I first meet the nobleman before leaving for the castle; not before once again taking a potion made by Finlif. He had a saddened look in his eyes, so I presume that Sierra talk him down from going ballistic on the potion making. I am gonna have to thank her later. Since Bell Haruna said not to worry about clothing, I decided not to, as I ended up wearing my casual wear as I was escorted by the maids to the nobleman Mercusys. He was sitting in his office which twice as large as our guest rooms; and those were about the size of large hotel rooms. It also held a large work desk, as well as a nice fire place, run, and a dog by his side as he sat down by the fire. Basic noble behavior.

Looking quite youthful, about around his twenties, he had a short brown beard, and longer brown hair that was slicked back with gell. He sad by the fire, with a pipe in his mouth and a magic orb upon a table that seemingly transmitted not only voice, but also pictures, like a tv. He chucked quite a bit in mused at the spectacle. I was curious, but it was at an angle that I couldn't see. I reckoned that it was being used like a T.V. I wonder, is this convergent evolution of magic's counterpart to magic or....is it the Domain Lord's cause once again.

As I ended up contemplating about that, the maid ended up interrupting both my and the Baron Mercusys' like of thinking.

"E-excuse me, lord Mercusys?"

"What is it, maid." he didn't even say her name, not to mention his attitude, which was quite punctual.

"Our guest, the 2nd dancer delegated by your household."

Wait? Don't they know I am an assassin? Well, guess I'll just play along. I ended up bowing. "It is an honor to be in your presence."

"Flattery will get you no where. Results are what matter. And right now, you have no results." He ended up turning to the maid. "Are you sure the other dancer lady can't show up. I'll pay her double."

"Sorry sir, we can't. She's already left for the day."

"That's a pity." He ended up turning to sharply look at me. "Now then girl. You will dance. And if you fail, you'll be fired and I will ruin your record."

"Of course, sir." I agreed with a subterfuge reluctance.

"Good!" He ended up clapping his hands, to which many maids ended up popping in. "Get this commoner cleaned up. I can't have my household's delegate looking like a pig."

"Yes sir." The said in unison, before grabbing me before pushing me out of the room. They continued to practically carry me onto the baths, then the personal changing room, to which they immediately dressed me up.

"Hey!" I complained. This wasn't the only time along this long, yet brief journey. Though most of it was drowned up by basically being flogged, as well as suffocated by the constant usage of towels and wind magic. After finally being able to see, I could finally see what I was wearing, which only resulted in my pouting: "Why this blue, why not yellow?"

The maid amongst the other decided to explain. She seemed to be the endest one of the few, being at least a 60 year old human. "This blue, is the noble shade of blue that belongs to the Mercusys household, bestowed by the king 100 years ago during the war between the new Demon Lord, as a commemoration and badge of our servitude to the throne. Although you but a temporary guess of the Mercusys household, consider this your uniform, as with our maid outfits."

Uniform? The uniforms that they were wearing were normal. The person why tailored them had no immoral intentions behind it. As for this, it was long blue, with a slit on the left leg for ease of movement. Additionally, I was prompted in heals, which worried me. Belle said that we would do heals later for practice. Currently, the only practice I had was my boots, , but their heal was only half an inch at best, which was an excellent way of creating leverage when running. As for the heals.....it would be as if they were almost on max when it comes to being at track blocks.