Chapter 12: Tournament

Armor? "Check" Weapons? "Check" Combat Attire "Check"

I made sure to check everything that I needed. And I am made sure to plan for a few contingencies. For instance, I don't want my hair to be chopped up in combat, so, I ended up having Viviola braid it like she did previously. It felt weird, and my hair typically didn't get in the way when I tossed and turned wielding my sword, but it is a good bet to leave no possibilities behind. As for the make-up, I made sure to decline it. One water spell later and my faced would look like a smeared art piece. Well, that was my reasoning to halt Viviola any further.

"Alright, I am ready." I said once I thought I was read. I had a faint doubt though, but hey, if not being prepared is a handicap, I will be sure to take it.

I ended up planning a but of handicaps. That of which included weighted braces and anklets. I also decided to not use domain, anything in this match. I would just relay on my stills as a combatant. Still, I did have a few non-domain abilities, though they weren't combat oriented. One of that seemed to accelerate my growth, regardless of the subject. Now, this was a broken ability. Why did I not bring it up? Well, since I didn't know how to turn it off, there is no use to be worrying about such things. On the bright side, I will be able to grow even further throughout the battle through honing my own abilities as well as learning new ones in the process. Is that why the Guild leader Gabriel didn't want me to train under anybody else> In a sense, this ability, which is called, Adept Pursuit, which is currently split under spell pursuit and body pursuit which increases learning via these two. A sub-skill, which is called Multi-pursuit, allows me to multitask. So, if I ended up doing magus training, that would count when it comes to increasing the learning speed.

.....Whoops, guess I forgot another one I had. It was also on the back of my mind. It was called "Raceless". Apparently, I don't have "Any racial weaknesses", but regardless of that, due to being in an "lightning elven form" my natural stats of speed and lightning aptitude was increased because of this. Though it is a mystery why this is the case, perhaps domain related. However, I don't think I will know anything else about it until I ended up evolving it. The Evolution requirement is "racial interactions." So it seems before I am gonna be able to untap the secrets, I will need to connect with many individuals. I already got pretty far. I ended up meeting a halfling, a light elf, a shadow elf, a dwarf. Who knows, in the future I might meet more.

Once again, I couldn't really do much about this, so, I am just going to have to relish in the thought of having another boost besides this one.

At my level 26 self, it was time, to which I ended up heading to the place where the battle would start, which, after taking a carriage a bit, seemed to drive for about half a day, to an old ruin mountainside, with one of the largest coliseums in the world, though it is drastically a hassle for someone such as a navigator to travel. That coliseum was owned by the guild for such events like bootcamps, training, and tournaments such as this one. Though it was in shabby shape and was unfit for ongoing gladiator duals, as Sierra explained to me about this, it still held up quite nicely, especially the ground of the tournament, which seems to have some sort of "repair rule" on it, giving adventures the thumbs up to go nuts...

No, no, nice try, me. You really wanted to use that as an excuse to literally forget your entire goal in the first place- a handicap progression through the quarter finals.

"You have arrived at your destination" the cart driver said as the wagon halted. There were a few other people in the cart beside me, though it seemed that most of them were civilians. Maybe here to watch the show?

Looking up at the coliseum, it was a archaic piece of architecture that looked quite broken. There was even fallen rubble on the ground, to which some janitorial staff of the guild seemed to pick up and put it on the side in a pice of stone, that seemed to still be piling up. Even as a piece of stone was about to fall close by me, I was considering whether or not to jump up and slash it. However, rather than that, it bounced off a midair barrier before falling down.