Chapter 9: Events

Once I was finished with meditation, which seemed to be a good option for checking my aura and seeing how it ticked, I eventually ended up getting all of my stuff back from Sierra, who handled everything. We met at my broken doored room, before moving it towards the cafeteria for a light snack.

"Here is your armor, weapons, and battle attire. All repaired, fixed, and cleaned." She exhaled before stretching. "So, how did it go with the whole aura business?"

"I think It went pretty well. I learned about my aura type, as well as how to use aura and combat, though still more passive than desired."

"And....what is your aura?"

I scoffed. "You probably know what it is by now." I said.

"Nothing gets past you." She smiled. Besides, what I had said was just a hunch, nothing more. "I must say, you are quite strange, or perhaps, straightforward. Are you- by chance, an electro maniac?"

"What?!" Well, I don't know about that. I mean, I don't think I have ever thought that lightning was that special. I mean, If I was told that I was the fire domain lord or the air domain lord, I don't think I would be any less happy that I am to use lightning magic. Honestly, I am just happy that I have magic in general. Though I may not remember all of it, magic makes things far more interesting and less mundane.

I mean, I don't really think aura has any control over someone. Aura is life-energy, as simple as that. And, I'd like to think that your aura doesn't make you who you are, but the life choices and environment that do. When I think of an electric personality, I think of someone who is arrogant and rash, and I don't think I am that. Well, sure there were a few times where I just rushed into battle, but I just couldn't help it. If you played bakes most of your life and were finally in an elite culinary school, you couldn't help getting excited and raring to go either.

"Are you actually considering whether you are an 'electro-maniac?'". She chucked. My thoughts may have run around a bit too long.

"Maybe. Anyways, I don't think I am much less enthusiastic about lightning, rather, just extorting what potential I have. To neglect affinities just to pursue something you don't have a connection to, well, it is stupid."

"Couldn't agree more." She leaned in and nudged me jokingly. "I would have thought it was really stupid if you didn't decide to become an assassin. Though I am glad you have decided to do that after the tournament."

"I didn't decide nor promise that. Nice try."

"Like I said, nothing gets past you." With a guilty thin smile, she put her hands in the air as if she surrendered. Though, like an assassin, she will find her next chance to strike, especially when I am off-guard. "Still, I do hope to pass to you a trick of the trade related about aura."

That causes my ears to perk up. "Go on.."

"It's best if I show you." She backed away a bit. "Don't blink." She said in a jokingly tone.

I ended up paying attention to her. However, after a natural blick occurred, with a quick thud, I was on the ground pinned by Sierra. If that whole instance was

"Now, that is a normal pin down. I waited for the right time, right as you blinked and I took you down." Yeah, sure normal. I didn't hear a foot step or anything. Not to mention how gentle she was. I was taken down before even realizing it.

She ended up helping me up, before standing back again. "Now, I am going to do it again, this time, hold your eyes open."

Yeah, that is exactly what I am going to do. Nice try. Reverse psyching me to do it again? Is she just toying with me? As I kept my eyes open, I ended up making sure to be ready for anything. The moment she twitches, I am going to flash step away. As I continued to stare at her, like the world glitching out, I was once again immediately on the ground in the same position.