Chapter 14: Afterwards

Once I was all rested, I realized that I didn't end up meeting with my instructors after the victory. I was think of doing that after I was finished pigging out, but then Knotus appeared to change everything. Because of this, I decided to first check up on Haku-sensei, however, before doing so, I was immediately given a message by one of the receptionists to meet with the Guild Leader Gabriel.

Going through the doors, I ended up seeing Gabriel, who seemed pleased to see me. "So how did our champ rest?" He asked.

"Pretty decent. So, do you need anything?" I asked.

"Straight to the point, aren't we?" He sighed, as if that was inevitable. "Well, I ended up getting a request from a certains someone. Have you thought about joining a hero's party?"

Oh, this? "No, I am good."

"How about Hector, Damien, and Camren? I am sure they would like someone with your skills?"

"Yeah, I am good. We mutually don't meet each other's requirements."

A person ended up walking in from one of the sub rooms of the guild leader's room. "Might I interject."

"Oh, Ufaso? Guess I will introduce you." He turned to me. "This is Ufaso, a leader of the Hero association, a subcategory of the guilds with the main goal on managing and assisting heroes.

"Yes, as this leader and manager of heroes. I am in charge of party member registration for heroes. We typically select the best of the best for heroes who will help humanity against the demon lord's army. Hero's act not only as a natural booster to their members, but also gain power from them. So, already stronger members will not only be a great asset but will get to serve for the greater good. For all human and even elven kind." His words were quite honeyed. Noticing my ears, I'm sure he added that last bit in there. I still had to admit he was somewhat good at persuading. But I won't fall for it that easily.

"Sorry, I am good." Although I could learn a thing or two about aura from heroes, I am sure that the Amaterian village will serve that goal catered to me. Maybe once I become powerful enough, I might be able to join a hero or whatever. But I don't really have an interest.

"Is there a particular reason why? If it is the hero's here, don't worry. There are plenty growing hero's that are in need of great allies such as yourself on your journey."

"You can ask some of the hero– I won due to a fluke."

"Quite modest, if I do say so myself." He flattered. "There are many people who I am sure would accept your membership in parties? Not only are you a Magus, but also a Lightning elf at that. Such a powerful combo." He seemed hungry. I must turn him down, otherwise, he won't take my no for an answer.

"Ok, to be fair, I would love to join a party. However, I am already spoken for. If you could talk on my behalf to Viviola on how my membership of the hero's will help save the world, then I am sure we can come to some agreement."

"Excellent! I will be sure to talk to this Viviola to settle this small inconvenience."

"Perfect."

He ended up walking away, I think he was going to try to reach Viviola. Well, good luck for him. Now, it was just Gabriel and me alone again.

" Well, besides that, since you are the victor, you have been given a 100 gold coin bonus for your success." He ended up handing it to me, after grabbing it from out of his desk. But returned to it, as he found something. It was a black scarf that had the guild administration's sigil, as well as our guild's specific sigil. "Here, I have forgot to give this to you for awhile. This. A yearly created clothing piece that is desired with the victor in mind. Since I saw that you wore a scarf quite a bit, I had them make you a scarf. Additionally, it was also enchanted with some buffs that I am sure you will find quite useful.