Chapter 19: Flash Dance

Thankfully, after getting somewhat used to the guard watching my listless body as I was asleep, this sleep was much better than previously.

I yawned as I roll once again out of the enormous bed. Although it felt as soft as a heavenly cloud, it was definitely a tricky spot to get out of. Perhaps even more than quicksand or being stuck in a bog. Especially with the nature of sloth weighing you down. In a sense, I would be at my most vulnerable when I'm in bed.

"And now, I'm fully awake..." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. I was hoping that I could stay a bit more sedated for a bit longer, unfortunately, it seemed like the graphic thought of death was enough to get me awake. "Hey, what time is it?" I ended up up asking up guard, only to find them asleep. I ended up slamming my foot on the ground, causing them to wake up from the sudden noise.

"Huh!!" They jumped up from the chair in the corner, as they tried to grab for their weapon, only for it to fumble on their feet, pained by the sudden weight. I ended up scoffing in amusement. It was fairly short from taking all of the edge off. But it was good enough.

I ended up getting up and changing into normal wear. I would change back into another ball gown when it was closer too the ball. I had about an hour to myself before the mains would come in and once more practically for it on me. So, I decided on what to do. Something, useful, I hope.

Well, I can't organize my stuff, otherwise that would put me in suspicion. I can't talk a walk outside due to that putting me in suspicion. Any anymore training, I mean, It probably wouldn't put in suspicion, but Haruna told me to rest for the big day. I am not getting a snack due to the maids saying that if I did that, I probably wouldn't be able to fit into the dress, also, the ball has much tastier snacks.

In the end of my listing, a good amount of minutes passed. Yes, the list went on. Contrasting the possible anxiety increase, it seemed to relax me just a bit. Yet, I was equally both awaiting and not waiting what is too come.

"Lady Liliana, its time to change."

My body tensed up from that very comment as we ended up preparing. The gown this time, was a beautiful yellow that ended up relaxing me. It ended up having the slit in the left side for greater ease of movement, and had a blend of ease of movement, as well as beauty, withdrawing from being down right voluptuous. Though the maximum willingness I would have of skin showing.

Now that everything was done, I was half hoping to equip a dagger to my thigh to protect Mercurys, however, right as I got in my dress, and even before, I though thoroughly patted down. Thankfully I hesitated to do that. Otherwise, game over.

Once I was ready, I ended up walking alongside Mercurys, to which it he was greatly more guarded, as well as the court mage, whom followed closely behind.

"Do you feel alright?" I ended up asking.

"I'm a noble, of course I would fine." He shrewdly wrote off. But I could sense a somberness in is voice. Looking at his hand, I could see his tenseness. Although he may not seem like he, is quite nice. He didn't have to let us train. Especially during such a rough situation.

"You don't have to go, if you don't want to."

"Unlike you, I have...a duty as a noble. So....don't worry about me."

"Dancer Liliana, I will have to ask you to refrain from speaking nobility so informally. Otherwise, it is treason."

I ended up gulping at that.

"Don't worry about her. She won't yap like a dog for the rest of the time." He ended up glaring at me. I couldn't tell if it softened, even if it was just a hint. "I order you to act accordingly."