Chapter 8.1

Entering the room, I ended up finding that the person who was there was none other than the Ninja themselves. TThere was no sign of Beatrice whatsoever.

"Where is your master?" I asked, still a bit wary that she would pop out of nowhere before tackling me.

"She is doing a mandatory quest that was distributed to her by none other than the vice guild administrator himself. She will be out for a while. Possibly until the rookie tournament ends." Dang, that vice guild administrator Gaeus guy is merciless. I was considering having her fit the third slot when it comes to the amount of benefactors you are allowed to have, though, guess I luckily don't have to, which is a relief. Still, it seemed that the Ninja was sympathetically troubled. " I am terribly sorry that it is only me. I will try to help to the best I can."

"No, don't put yourself down. I am sure you will train me to the best of your abilities, even in the little time we have now."

"Thank you. I hope I will be up to the task." It seemed he was pepping himself up, as he ended up grabbing a piece of chalk before walking towards the board. "Please, sit down on the floor. Be sure to get as comfortable as possible."

Following his guidance. I ended up sitting on the ground. It was a big enough room, there were a few desks, but other than that, it was quite spacious. About the size of an actual school room.

"First thing first." he began to write on the board with chalk, he ended up making a person. "Most people first thought that the amount of mana, as well as specifical elemental mana all depends on the amount of reserves that you have with a given mana type. However, this is false. All magic typically relies on affinities in order to tap into the universe's energy. Affinities are a gateway, the more you use mana, the quicker that gate will close, to which it will eventually open once you are recharged, similar to resting after exercise." He ended up drawing a diagram of a X'ed out person who had a circle with the world mana in it, with a picture of a person with multiple strings attacks to external circles, with the lines being pointed to as "Affinity", to which he continued from there. " Now, the reason why the first magical theory was debunked was because due to the fact that the scholars weren't sensing the mana, rather, they were sensing aura instead, as aura is the sole 'reserves an individual has'. Many cultures throughout the world knew what aura was, but called it many different things. Life force, ki, even my ninja village called it chakra. Nevertheless, it is all the same."

I think I got it. Domain energy is the "universes" mana reserves, and people are just tapping into it., then that mean it is a shared reserves; they are the customers, and even though I don't really have any agenda right now, I am automatically the banker, of more specifically, the domain one.

He ended up continuing quite a bit into the theory, though once he was finished, he ended up going a bit more into the aura process.

"For aura, rather than gradually closing, you are going to have to gradually open the doors. I recommend meditation—if you are attuned with yourself, it will be as if you have 8 extra muscles or in this case, chakra points. This way, you can open the aura channels and use it in various ways." So that is why I am in a comfortable position.

He ended up guiding me through, even going as far as to bring a ceremonial small bowl and a mallet, to which he ended up bruising around in circles on the inside edge of the bowl, causing a gentle continuous chime. He warned me that it may take a few days, however, as for this ongoing tournament, you can enter auraless and midway through a fight, can activate aura. Though by that point, you would be quite defenseless, though in a sense, a person would be.

Still, I have a shot to end up opening up my aura, so I am going to take that chance.

"Close your eyes, take a deep breath. Look deep down and find something connected to you. Eventually, you will find the thing connected to your very soul."