Chapter 1

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since my family was murdered and I was taken prisoner. I saw my future up until tomorrow. Tomorrow, I would die. I didn't think they would kill me, believing I was much too valuable for that, but I suppose I was wrong.

I turned over on the stone floor of my cell, wondering what death felt like. Did it hurt? Did you know you were dying? Did you get scared?

I fell asleep, still lying there on the cold floor. They hadn't even graced their most valuable prisoner with a blanket.

Good thing I knew how to make fire without a wand.

In my dream, I dreamt of a mountain range. Gorgeous and lush green mountains loomed In front of me, making me feel like an ant. Funny, it looked like the foliage of South America, but why would I need to see South America?

I walked closer to the mountains, and the closer I got, the stronger a feeling inside me became. I didn't have a name for it though because I'd never felt it before. I got to the base of the mountain closest to me -also the biggest one- but found myself stuck. I couldn't move my feet anymore.

I looked up at the mountain, then found myself looking up at the ceiling of my cell. I had always had strange dreams, but that was was much farther out there. However, I knew what I needed to do: I had to get out of here. There's something beyond those mountains that the gods want me to see.

I sat up and tried searching again for my future- still no results past tomorrow. Maybe the gods didn't want me to see. They wanted it to be a surprise.

When the guard came to give me dinner, I waited just inside the door and used my future sight to see where the guard would pull his wand from if I attacked him- his left sleeve.

When he opened the door, I reached and hooked my foot behind his knee, tripping him and pulling the wand from his sleeve. He had barely a second to react before I stupefied him.

Using my foresight, I navigated my way out of the mansion they used as a base. I barely encountered any trouble- these people thought they could actually keep me prisoner. I could've escaped at any time, but I didn't see anything to live for, and therefore endured the torture curse after refusing to say a single word since arriving here.

I made it outside and away from the spells concealing the mansion. I apparated back home, intending to get the bag I had packed and hid before coming here.

I apparated into what was once my bedroom, and removed the carpet to reveal a trapdoor underneath. I opened it and took out the only thing in there- my bag I packed for this exact scenario. It was black, and full of essentials: cloaks, potions, plants, food, and my wand.

I turned and got out of the way just as a stunning spell was shot exactly where I was.

"I thought you'd come back here, so once I heard you escaped I came here to wait you out." Said the voice of the darkest wizard, Abigor Levanon. Hardly anyone knew his name, and unfortunately I was one of the few.

I shook my head and sighed. To do or not to do, I thought. I decided on barely do, and so fast he could've never seen it coming, I flicked my wand and disarmed him, his wand careening in the air towards me. I grabbed it, then disappeared.

I apparated away, to the place I had seen in my dreams.

                                 ●●●

The mountains looked even more enormous in real life, my head was up against my shoulders as I looked towards the top. Not knowing what else to do, I started climbing. I considered changing into my animagus form of a housecat to climb, but saw that it would be even more difficult as a cat. I wouldn't be able to reach footholds or grip rocks.

My wand tucked safely in the holder inside the sleeve of my dress, Abigor's wand wrapped inside a spare cloak and tucked away into a deep corner of my bag, and my bag safely over my shoulder, I was getting higher up the mountain. About a third of the way, I would say.

It was funny, the higher I got the weaker I got. And not in the body sense- it was as though my powers were leaving me. About halfway up it got worse. So much worse. In the span of about five seconds it felt like every ounce of energy I had inside me was taken. As though a dementor was nearby. But there wasn't one nearby, and I couldn't see even a fraction of a second ahead. I went to bring my wand out, but before I could, everything went black.