Chapter 5

Bruno and I met every day for the next few weeks to discuss the visions he had had, but they always ended up with us talking about anything and everything, and eventually we started meeting up to chat and not about the future.

"What do you like most about the town?" Bruno asked one day. We were sitting under the oak tree, and I had brought food in a little wicker basket. I abandoned my bag a couple weeks ago.

My answer to that question was not one I wanted to say out loud, but Bruno was looking at me, waiting for an answer.

I'm sure my red face was answer enough, but I said it out loud: "you."

I looked down at the ground, terrified to meet his gaze. He set down the arepa he was eating and turned my face towards his.

He put his hands on my cheeks, looked me in the eye, and, with a soft smile, said "you're my favorite thing here too."

Every nerve in my body felt red hot, and I found myself leaning closer and closer to Bruno. We were breathing the same air, both of us hesitating, before I leaned forward, closing the remaining distance between us. Our lips connected, feelings I've never felt coursing through me. It was a brief kiss- he pulled away, looking for my reaction.

I wanted more. His hands were still on my cheeks, intensifying the feelings inside me. I copied his actions; I put my hands on his cheeks, looking into his beautiful hazel eyes, and pulled him closer, until there was no space between us.

He wrapped his arms around me, wanting to be even closer. The feel of his mouth against mine sent heat through my whole body, and I gripped his curly hair in my hands. I took a leap of faith and brushed my tongue along his lip. He moaned, returning the gesture and I felt his nails dig into my back. I moved so that my knees were on either side of him, trapping him beneath me. We kissed with pent-up passion for what felt like forever, yet not enough, before we had to break apart, the sun setting and plunging us into darkness.

We still stared into each other's eyes, electricity lingering in the air around us as we walked hand-in-hand back into the village. He walked with me back to Tia Inez's, and kissed me goodbye before going back to the Casita. What I wouldn't give to be with him forever.

I stayed, frozen, on the inside of the door, in shock of what just happened.

"Is something the matter?" Tia Inez asked.

"No," I said, unfrozen and making to go to my room. Tia Inez watched me with a disbelieving face, but said nothing and let me go.

I shut the door and nearly fell to the ground. We had kissed. I replayed the moment over and over in my head, relishing in the feelings it, he, gave me.

I was still imagining being with him as I got into bed and drifted off into sleep.

The next morning, the shock was gone and I wanted nothing more than to go find Bruno. Tia Inez noticed my hurry at breakfast.

"Why so rushed Athena?"

"I have things I want to do today."

"Oh? Are you sure you didn't misspeak 'things' for 'Bruno'?"

"What?! How'd you know?"

She shook her head and sighed. "You two have been running together for months. I've seen you exchanging glances. I'm surprised it took you two so long to admit your feelings. A spoonful of legilimency helps, as well." She added with a wink.

"Two can play at that game." I told her as I put strong occlumency barriers in place. She scoffed, and I smirked.

I left the house; out the front door and up the path to the Casita. Bruno and I planned to have tea today. I wasn't sure if we would end up having the tea, but I was still going to our planned destination.

I was ten feet away when the Casita doors flew open and Bruno skipped out, giving me a hug and a kiss. He took me by the hand and led me inside. The place was deserted, not a sister or mother in sight.

The table which we usually had tea at was empty, and Bruno instead led me up the stairs into his room, where he had set up a table with a tea spread. My eyes teared up. No one had ever done anything like this for me before.

"I figured we could have tea alone today." He said with a hint of excitement.

"That sounds wonderful!" I said.

He pulled a chair out for me, and I sat down, pulling my hair out from underneath me. I hadn't really bothered to cut it, and now I always sat on it.

He took the chair that was across from me and slid it around the table until it was right next to me, only then did he sit in it.

I poured us each a cup of tea and while we waited for our cups to cool, we talked.

"So..." Bruno started. "About what happened last night."

I nodded. "I don't regret a single thing that happened. I loved every second of it. I love you."

He looked like he was going to cry. He never got out much, and when he did, I could see how people threw angry glances his way, and when I asked him about it, he said that people blamed him for things that happened when he gave them a vision. Even his own family would blame him. He'd never been truly loved before. And neither have I.

"I love you too, Athena." He said before we connected.

Every nerve in my body was on fire, pleasure pooling in my stomach. I relished in the feel of him; his mouth on mine, us exploring each other's mouths, his hands gripping the fabric at my waist. My hands, tangled and pulling at his hair.

I'm not sure how long we stayed connected before there was a knock on the door that made us both jump back a good distance. We looked at each other, and he immediately dragged his chair silently back to the other side of the table while I took a drink of tea and tried to act like nothing was happening.

Bruno went to answer the door, and it turned out to be Pepa, saying that Alma wanted to talk to all of us. After she turned around, Bruno shut the door.

"What does she want?" He inquired to himself.

Now, I knew it was a bad idea, but I tried to look for the answer in the future. I didn't see anything though before my vision went black and I fell to the floor, unconscious.