Chapter 15

Bruno's POV

Wyle's so-called throne started burning. He looked at Athena, and she smiled a terrifying smile and started cackling like the witches they told us scary stories of when we were little. It sent shivers down my spine. More things began to burn or disappear altogether. The legs to her chair burnt to a crisp and the chains binding her to the chair disappeared.

The second she was free she charged after Wyle. He dodged her, but she did nothing but continue going after him. All the people around us shot spells after her, but she dodged every single one. She must be using her future sight.

Athena being busy dodging spells, Wyle ran away, through a door, snatching Leonna into his arms before he went. The doors slammed shut in her face. Athena yelled something in Parseltongue.

Athena looked around, and charged after someone else, procuring a wand and sending sparks into the air. The chains binding me disappeared, and I stood up and tried opening the door that Wyle took Leonna through. It was locked. I looked back at Athena, who was breathing heavily in the center of the unconscious wizards.

"Come on." She said through her teeth. She grabbed my hand and led me through the door that no longer existed. Around our feet was tiny scraps of wood.

She led us through a bunch of hallways, making anyone we encountered fall unconscious. We came up to a set of double doors, and she took a deep breath before going in.

Athena's POV

I could see before I walked in what would happen, but I was still unprepared. I took a deep breath, then nudged the doors open at a slight distance with my new wand.

Wyle sat in a chair, smug as ever, while Leonna was unbound and investigating several magical objects. Bruno ran over to her, checking to see if she was alright. I could see that she is.

"You see, dearest, this is how she should be growing up. Not mingling with muggles and believing herself to be one."

"Yes, because you won parent of the year award."

"Mami what's this?" Leonna asked.

It was a box full of tarot cards, a crystal ball, and other seer items.

"These," I kneeled down and took out a couple of tarot cards, "are things for grown-up witches."

I looked into her eyes as she investigated the box further. Someone was wrong with her. She was usually very good at understanding things, but she didn't appear to have a care in the world right now. A thought occurred to me: did Wyle cast the Imperius Curse on her?

I spun around to face him.

"What did you do to her? Actually, never mind, I see what you did."

He stood up and started dueling with me, me dodging with ease. I told Bruno to get Leonna and hide. He ran out of the door, Leonna's eyes sparkling with the curse. I fought Wyle for ages, both of us too stubborn to quit. We were out in the hallway by now, him having run and me chasing him.

"Let her go." I demanded of him.

"Hmm... no!" He said, then hit me with more spells. By now we were in his throneroom.

Bruno was in here with Leonna, her struggling and trying to get away from him. No doubt she was being controlled, she loved being around Bruno.

I put up a shield to block spells, because I knew what was coming and I wasn't sure if there was an out. He broke through the barrier, and in traditional dueling stance, I pointed my wand at him and said "avada kadavra!" I meant it with my whole heart. If he wouldn't let Leonna go, then he deserved it.

His eyes widened, and he fell over, dead. There were no disciples around to save him. I collapsed on the floor, unable to stand any longer. I could feel the charms he had set on this place dissolve, the ability to apparate restored. I looked over at Leonna, who was asleep now. Bruno held her tightly, as though someone would come and take her again.

"No one will ever take her again." I told Bruno. It was the truth. Seeing no one else conscious in the mansion, I went over to see if everyone was okay.

"I'm fine!" Bruno insisted. He had a few cuts, which I healed, and Leonna was sleeping off the curse.

I sent a patronus to the nearest magical government station. The Wyle King, also known as Abigor Levanon, has been cornered and killed. His mansion has been abandoned.

I took Bruno's hand, telling him to hold tight on Leonna, and pictured the mountains of the Encanto. "Take a deep breath," I warned Bruno.

We popped outside of the mountains, the exact spot I had seen in a single dream. It was just getting dark out. Bruno gawked at the sight of the mountains. "They're enormous!" He exclaimed under his breath.

"You ready to go back in? I'll pass out again." Bruno nodded, so in we went.

I saw the Casita for a split second before everything went black.