Chapter 14

Bruno's POV

Wyle was Athena's father? I looked between them, seeing small similarities. They had the same face structure and similar hair texture.

All of a sudden they were fighting. Lights were coming out of their wands. Athena told everyone to get out but I couldn't leave her.

She seemed to know what he was going to do a split second before he did it, as though she could still see the future. A snake flew out of Wyle's wand- it was like the cat that came out of Athena's.

A man popped into existence behind Athena, her being too focused on fighting Wyle to notice him. He wrapped his arm around her, and whispered a spell, wand pointed at the back of her head. She went limp.

"No!" I yelled, not thinking.

The wizards turned to me.

"Do you want me to kill him, my lord?"

Wyle thought for a moment. "No. We can use him as bate. Athena doesn't care about herself, but she seems to care for him." He pointed his wand at me, and everything went black.

                                   ●●●

Athena's POV

My head hurt. I cracked an eye open, wondering why.

"Athena!" I heard someone whisper-shout.

I tried turning my head towards the sound, but that made it hurt worse. I put a hand to my head. I opened my eyes all the way, and saw Bruno hovering next to me. He looked terrified, and I wondered why. Then I remembered what happened.

Oh no. Oh no Oh no Oh no. Ignoring my headache, I sat up and looked around. In the corner, I could see the drawing I made in the stone when I was 17, and believed I was going to die.

Realizing Bruno didn't have as good of night vision as me, I made a fire in my hand. Using my other hand to point, I said "this is the same cell I was in last time."

"You made fire?" Bruno said. "Like Isaiah." He couldn't believe his eyes.

"It's... odd... they seem to have taken to my most powerful abilities..." I told him.

I looked into the future, nearly crying because I was able to see again. They were going to come and collect us in an hour.

"Why didn't we wake up in the throneroom?" I asked Bruno.

"I did, you didn't."

Right. I wasn't sure if the blackout would go both ways.

I sighed. "Well they'll be coming for us in about an hour. When they come, stay in that corner." I pointed to the corner by the door. "I'll grab the guard's wand and then we can go. But you have to stay by me." I got an idea. "Can I see your hand?"

He obliged. Seeing the future was so much easier through physical touch. He would get the urge to stray, but if I kept his hand in mine we could get out of here. I saw one other thing too, something that made me drop his hand and back away. I looked to mine, and saw what would happen. It was unavoidable.

I felt like throwing up. I was still going to kill Abigor. I didn't think he deserved to live, but why would I kill him? What will he do that makes me kill him?

"What is it?" Bruno asked. "What did you see?"

"I'm... I'm still going to kill him... but why? What will happen that I kill him? I need to think."

Bruno nodded, but I could see he wanted to ask more before I shut my eyes and sat on the floor.

I ran through everything that would happen up to that point. The second I saw why I opened my eyes and nearly screamed.

"No. No no no no!"

I didn't give a damn. I stood up and banged my fist on the door.

"What are you doing?" Bruno whisper-shouted.

"Open the fucking door before I open it myself!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

It opened slowly. I motioned for Bruno to get behind me. The first face I saw was the knowing grin of a guard, and Wyle himself looking triumphant behind him.

"Well, look who decided to join us." He said.

"GIVE HER BACK!" I yelled at him in Parseltongue.

"Sure, maybe I might, if you do as I say." He turned and walked away. I followed after him with my hands in plain view. I looked back, Bruno was copying me.

Wyle led us to his throneroom, and told us to sit in the two chairs in front of his throne. His disciples bound us to them with chains then stood back as Wyle sat on his throne.

He sat with his head balanced on his hand, thinking. I tried seeing his thoughts, but his occlumency barriers were strong. I looked to the future instead. They would use her as bait.

"Bring her in." He ordered to someone behind us. They ran through a door to Wyle's left, and it shut behind them. Barely five seconds later, they came back with a gagged and crying little girl. Leonna. She was wiggling and squirming with as much strength as she could muster.

"LEONNA!" Bruno called. "Why do you have her?" He said to Wyle.

"Why, dear son, for bait. And because she looks so much like her mother," he looked at me smugly. "There's a possibility she is just like her mother. A seer. I've also learned some interesting things, looking through her mind. You are a seer."

I could see that they wouldn't believe Bruno for a while that he can't see the future here, so if there was any time to talk, now was it.

"He can't see the future here." I stated plainly.

Wyle looked at me, not believing. I would have to give him vague information.

I rolled my eyes as though he should already know this information. "They have a talisman that allows them to use their magic. No talisman, no using magic."

"That's why I can't teleport Mami?" Leonna said. She had gotten her gag off.

"Yes honey, that's why you can't teleport anymore." I said to her softly.

I ground my teeth as they took Leonna back to the corner. They wouldn't get away with this. I concentrated. I knew this place thanks to every guard that set their hands on me. I focused on the places that were made of wood- like these chairs. Being petty, I set Wyle's aflame.

"Sir! Your throne!" A guard called.

He looked at his throne, then looked at me with malice. I smiled condescendingly, then started laughing.