Part 35

Freen's POV

It was already morning when Rebecca woke me up. I was completely surprised when it was already 10 in the morning. "Shit! This is the first time I overslept. Why didn't I wake up?" We prepared ourselves and I helped her carry her things. I want to go to the hospital with her but I received hundreds of calls and messages from Kirk, Lax, Liza and the person I fear the most Grandma. I need to go home and I really need to go home fast.

We were supposed to have a meeting last night regarding our next plan but I ended up staying with Rebecca and I didn't inform them so I know I'm doomed. The fact that I ordered Lax to contact Rebecca's Dad, that's very questionable. I rushed home as soon as Rebecca left. I entered the mansion and I saw Liza, Kirk and Lax in the living room. They are distraught like they haven't slept. "Are they awake for more 24 hours?.

Freen: (confused) What's happening? What's wrong with all of you?

There eyes widened as they saw me. Lax released a relief smile and Liza came to me and hugged me. She scanned my whole body checking for injuries.

Liza: (worried) Are you hurt? Did something happened? How and what are you feeling?

I wasn't able to answer since Kirk came near me also and hugged me worriedly. But there worries turn into anger after double checking that I'm fine.

Kirk: (angry)Where have you been Freen? huh?! Are you fucking crazy?! Do you have any idea how worried we are?!!

Liza: (angry) Why didn't you inform us that your not going to spend the night here?! Why did you leave in a hurry and never came back?! Do you know how many men we hired just to look for you?!

Kirk: What's the use of your fucking phone if you're not picking it up and not using it?!! You're the boss I understand, but we have all the right to recieve an update from you!! It's your responsibility to not make us worry!!

I felt guilty for making them worry, that must explain why the 4 of us are complete. This only happens when a big job is about to happen or there's something urgent we need to take care for. They must have deployed all our men just to look for me. I was so worried with Rebecca that I didn't think what my decision will cause. I composed myself and wore my poker face.  Usually I will have my comeback like responding "Who are you to tell me what to do, or I'm here aren't I? What else do you need?, or Who's the boss here? Me or you?" but I didn't, cause I'm pretty much aware of my mistakes and I'm guilty but I won't say sorry. My pride can't take that.

Liza: Enough. We told grandma that your unreachable. If we can't find you for the next 2 hours Grandma will come home. We're glad you're here already. You made everyone worry Freen. Lax already informed Grandma that your here. You will have an online meeting with her.

I bowed to them a little to show how sorry I was and went inside my room to open my laptop. I'm waiting for Grandma to call me. This made me nervous. Grandma only talks to me when I did a great job or I failed miserably or have a victory report. Knowing what happened today, I will have an earful.  Few minutes later Grandma is now calling.

Freen: (bowing) Greetings, Grandma. How are you?

Grandma: (serious voice) Report. Now.

Freen: (apologetic) Sorry Grandma. I wasn't able to come home last night. It will not happen again. You might have used too much resources to look for me.

Grandma: (sigh in dissapointment) Am I asking for your apology? I said give me your report.

I stayed quiet because I have nothing to report. I didn't make any progress and what's worse I sabotaged our plan. I bit my lip and bowed my head a little.