7. punishment

There was a feeling of warmth between his skin and hers.

Aonung's queue tickled Katiya's chest as it fell to the side.

"Let go," she said, struggling to free her wrists from his grasp.

"If you ask nicely, I will," he smiled.

She let out an exasperated sigh and paused to contemplate her next move.

"Fine, will you please get off?"

However, Aonung's smile faltered when she added, "Pervert!"

In the blink of an eye, Katiya kneed him in the stomach, prompting him to release one of her wrists.

Aonung groaned painfully as Katiya used her free hand to push him off her.

She was taken aback when he suddenly dropped his body weight on her, taking the air out of her lungs.

He was heavy, and she could barely move as she tried to wiggle from beneath him.

After exhausting herself, Katiya surrendered as Aonung slowly recovered from the pain she caused him.

"Get off me, or I'll knee you where the sun doesn't shine," she threatened, placing her hand on his chest.

Aside from wrestling matches with her brothers, this was the closest skin-to-skin contact she had with another boy.

To her surprise, Aonung laughed breathlessly in her ear.

"You just lost your chance, sweetheart. Now you have to beg for it," he said.

Katiya's eyes widened in shock at his words, and she wanted to kick him away at once.

To get a better look at Aonung's facial expression, she grabbed the part of his queue near his scalp and yanked his head back into her line of vision.

Aonung grunted painfully, a devious grin adorning his lips as he met her gaze from above.

It seemed that the burning anger in their eyes was the only thing they shared.

"Tch," Katiya clicked her tongue in annoyance.

The smirk on his face irked her even more despite the pain she caused him by roughly pulling his queue back.

"Oh, Eywa! She stabbed you!"

Upon hearing Rotxo's voice, Aonung glanced at Rotxo before he turned back to Katiya, who promptly hit him across the face with her forehead.

"Ah, damn!" Aonung cried out, instantly releasing Katiya's other wrist as she quickly shoved him off her.

Grasping onto his nose, he cursed under his breath as warm fluids poured from his nostrils.

His hand was covered in blood, and he realized she had given him a nosebleed.

In no time, Katiya picked up her knife and flicked Aonung off while running past Rotxo.

Aonung scoffed now that he understood the meaning of her middle finger as he watched her figure disappear behind the corner of the ilu pen.

"I... I am sorry..." Rotxo stuttered, lowering his head in shame.

Poor boy, worried to death, ran back to check on his friend, only to distract him from his confrontation with the newcomer.

While Rotxo initially believed Aonung had been stabbed with a knife, he actually bled from a different source as a result.

Aonung rolled his eyes as he got up and ruffled Rotxo's curly hair.

"Come on," he said, inhaling sharply as he grasped his nose. "I'll get her back next time."