18. day one in ta'unui (2)

"She's so hot," Tasun murmured, biting his lip as he gazed at Katiya from afar.

Aonung scoffed.

"Dude, that's my sister you're talking about," Loak mumbled, disgust on his face.

"I should tell you though. She comes with a warning label," Neteyam said. Then he glanced at Aonung with a mischievous grin. "Right, Aonung?"

The latter frowned, lowering his fishing net into the water. "She's a menace."

"She said the same thing about you," Loak guffawed.

"What?" Aonung snapped his head toward Loak, who immediately shrugged.

"What is the warning label?" Tasun asked, completely lost in their conversation.

Aonung scoffed as his gaze returned to Katiya. "Learn some self-defense or you're better off alone than with her. Nosebleeds are her specialty."

The girls weaved baskets in the distance with some of Tsireya's female friends from Ta'unui. At first, they were afraid of Katiya after hearing about her morning altercation with the Ta'unui twins.

However, Tsireya persuaded them to befriend Katiya despite her intimidating aura.

"Did you know Tasun fancies Kati? They exchanged flirtatious remarks and he has been looking at her all day," Tsireya said, prompting the girls to giggle.

Katiya rolled her eyes.

"Really?" one of the girls exclaimed. "Second to Aonung, Tasun is also quite popular among girls. Oh, and your brothers too. They have gained many admirers."

"Maybe I should change my gender," Kiri murmured.

A faint smile adorned Katiya's lips and she bumped Kiri's shoulder playfully.

"You're perfect just as you are," she said. "Your beauty scares them, so they can't do anything but pick on you. Low blow, if you ask me."

"Kati is right," Tsireya said, nodding happily. "Do not let them affect your happiness, Kiri."

Kiri smiled, feeling better than before.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Apparently, one of Tsireya's friends was right after all.

The group couldn't even enjoy doing anything together with Aonung's fangirls flocking to them every minute.

Other girls approached the Sully brothers and tried to befriend them too.

Unfortunately, to Aonung's dismay, Tasun tagged along, constantly standing near Katiya.

No matter how hard Aonung tried to ignore them, Tasun kept talking to Katiya, exchanging flirtatious remarks. It seemed like she enjoyed Tasun's attention as well, which only made Aonung more irritated.

The group settled in a circle on a protruding rock in the water and shared conversations.

"So, Aonung," Tasun said, turning to Aonung and pointing at the scar on his arm. "How did you get that scar? Last time I saw you, you never had any?"

Aonung scoffed, his eyes flitting toward Katiya.

"Pretty face gave it to me during our annual Metkayina competition," he replied, a faint grin on his lips.